Chapter 1

Skylar's p.o.v

I woke up to the smell of food. That must mean that breakfast is almost ready. I rolled over and looked at my alarm clock. It was 9:30 AM. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my pictures until I found my work schedule. I work 11-2 today. I work at a small diner called Daniel's Diner. I love working there. It is run by a couple named Daniel and Jillian. They most of us like family. They treat me better then my own family does. I got out of bed and made my way downstairs. I walked to the dining room to see why whole family about to eat breakfast without me. Great just another thing to be excluded from.

Lyla: Oh Skylar you are up!

Skylar: Why did you decide to eat without me instead of waking me up?

Ethan: Skylar it isn't that big of a deal. We didn't think you wanted to eat with us.

Skylar: Yeah of course! You always try to exclude me from this family!

Harlow: Well someone is moody this morning!

Skylar: Oh fuck off Harlow!

Lyla: Skylar we don't use this language in this house!

Skylar: You aren't my mom so don't tell me what to do!

Ethan: Skylar that's enough!

Skylar: Whatever I'll just eat alone in my room.

I walked out to the kitchen and was about to get food to take back to my room but then I heard my dad's voice coming from the dining room.

Ethan: Sit down right now!

I didn't feel like getting in trouble today so I listened and sat at my spot between Lyla and Brooklyn.

Lyla: So what is everyone doing today?

Harlow: My friends and I are going out. I am running for student council president and need to have my speech ready by Tuesday.

Ethan: That's in 2 days! Have you started it yet?

Harlow: No that's why Tiffany and Alissa are helping me.

Brooklyn: I'm not doing anything.

Skylar: I work at the diner 11-2.

Lyla: But I need you to drive Owen to his friend's birthday party at 11.

Skylar: Well I need to be at work. Plus you and dad have today off so you can take him. 

Lyla: You can miss work for one day! I have the day off so I wanted to use it to relax. It's not like you have much going on in your life anyway!

Skylar: Well actually Lyla I have bills I have to pay and college to save up for!

Lyla: Just use your inheritance from your mom!

Skylar: I'll just finish eating in my room. 

I grabbed my plate and utensils then made my way back to my room. Ugh I hate my family sometimes. I have my dad Ethan, my stepmom Lyla and 4 siblings. Autumn is 19. She moved out and is going to college. Next is Harlow. She is my step sister she is 17. Next would be my twin sister Brooklyn. We are also 17. We are identical twins. Well looks-wise at least. I'm older by 3 minutes though. Last is my 10 year old brother Owen. My moms name is Kathrine. In 2 months it will be 2 years since she died. She was driving home from work one day and got in a car accident. She was killed instantly. It only took my dad a year and 4 months before he just forgot about her and went off marrying somebody else. Lyla and Harlow joining our family just made my life worse. 

I was always my dad and sibling's least favourite. I always felt like I had to compete against Brooklyn. Everyone likes her more because she is the fun extrovert while i'm more introverted. I have known Harlow since Kindergarten. She always made sure she had more friends then me. My mom was always treated me equal though. Same with Autumn. It just sucks that the one sibling who I get along with moved out. I heard a lot of noise coming from outside my window so I decided to see what was going on. I opened my curtains to see a u haul and a car pull into the house next door. When we moved into this house 6 months ago the house next door was in the process of being built. I guess they are moving in today. Once I finished eating breakfast I took my dishes back downstairs and put them in the kitchen sink. Lyla was in there putting away food.

Lyla: Hey the neighbors are coming over for dinner tonight.

Skylar: Ok.

Lyla: You better behave.

Skylar: You should be saying that to Owen not me.

I turned around and walked out of the kitchen before things could escalate. I heard her whisper under her breath something about me not being wanted here. I could feel my eyes watering. It's the truth though. My family could care less about me, people at school either bully me or act as I don't exist. It just depends on the day. I have one friend named Chloe. She has other friends though so sometimes she even ends up ignoring me. Once it was 10:00 I started getting ready for work. I did my makeup and then put my hair into a bun. My uniform consist of black pants, a white button up shirt and navy blue apron. It was 11:15 so I grabbed my purse and said goodbye to my dad before leaving.

Invisible (Calum Hood)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें