i'll kill you

Cheryl's POV

I got a call from Sheriff Jones saying he needed to speak with us about the ambush outside our cabin. Hermione, Toni and I piled into her car and we drove as fast as possible to the station. I held Toni's hand tightly as if we were going to be pulled apart if I let go even for a second. "Hey, it's all gonna be over soon. Sweet Pea is going to be fine." She reassured me and I smiled. "I seriously hope this is the end of it."

We were all silent as we walked in to the busy station, greeted by Sheriff Jones. He introduced us to a tall, stern looking woman called Agent Cordelia. "I'm with the FBI, we're coordinating with the Sheriff to hopefully put Hiram Lodge away for good." I nodded nervously and looked at Hermione who was just as anxious. "So why are we here?" She asked. "Just to hear your version of events at Fox Forest. We know you were ambushed by masked men, many of whom we believe were paid by Hiram Lodge. We have records of dodgy deals and substantial cash withdrawals, we just need to corroborate the stories." Cordelia explained. "Have you spoken to Sweet Pea?" Toni questioned. "Yes, he has offered to step forward as a witness in court. Hopefully it won't come to that and we can get this settled before it goes to trial." "Let's do this then." I said firmly and she nodded.

We sat in an interview room, but instead of a table with two chairs, we were on a couch with Hermione, Toni and I at one end and Cordelia at the other. "So, describe exactly what you heard." "W-well, Toni and I were having a little... rendezvous... when we heard screaming and branches breaking so we got up and went to see what was going on. Toni opened the door first and we went outside. It was silent for a second and then all these men in masks started running and then the serpents came out from nowhere and were chasing them away and then someone ran towards us so Sweet Pea protected us and got stabbed in the process and... and..." My breathing increased rapidly and I didn't realize that I was cutting the circulation off from Toni's hand until she gripped my wrist with her other hand. "Cher, breathe, just breathe. It's okay. Sweet Pea's okay, we're all okay." She said softly until I calmed down.

"I understand that this has been rather traumatic for you, Ms Blossom, but rest assured, we are doing everything we can to bring him down. Every little detail is helping, even if you think it's just random, it all counts." Cordelia said. "Y-Yeah, s-sorry." I said and wiped my glassy eyes. "I- I don't think there was anything else. They ran away when the serpents charged after Sweet Pea was hurt, and that was it." "Hang on, Cher, remember someone shouted something. Andre, I think it was. It sounded like a name." Toni interrupted. "Andre is one of Hiram's most trusted employees, he used to be a bodyguard for Veronica." Hermione confirmed and Cordelia nodded. "Excellent, you guys did amazingly well. We'll be in touch if we need anything."

As we headed out, I felt a huge weight just roll off my shoulders. I realized that I rarely ever talked about how I felt and that it was good to just talk about the things that had happened, something that I hadn't really done. I turned to Toni who had been watching me closely. "Tee-Tee, I'm sorry I never talk about this stuff. I should open up more, I know." "Babe, if you're not ready, then I won't force you to. But if you want to talk then I'll always be here to listen to you. Okay?" "Thanks. I love you." "I love you too."

Veronica's POV

Daddy hadn't answered any of my calls, I was starting to worry. Suddenly, I got a knock on the door of my suite at the Five Seasons. "Sowerberry? What are you doing here?" I asked as he barged in. "Veronica, there's no time. Your father is in serious trouble, not just with the police but with the feds too. He's down at the station." I immediately turned into alert mode. "What? Why?" "I don't know. I just got the call. Come on, I'll give you a ride."

I rushed to the station with Sowerberry, our lawyer, and immediately stormed over to Sheriff Jones who was standing talking to a tall woman with dark hair, wearing a grey suit. "Excuse me, would someone like to explain why my father is being held here?" I crossed my arms impatiently. "Veronica, you're not helping your father here. He's being investigated for some serious crimes." "Like what?" "Does your father have a lawyer? I'm only allowed to discuss this case with his attorney." I was going to snap back but Sowerberry chose that moment to introduce himself. "I'm Sowerberry, Hiram's attorney. Shall we?"

I wasn't allowed to listen to the conversation but when Sowerberry returned, he wasn't happy. "Veronica, you're father could be facing life for this. Conspiracy to commit murder, illegal drug dealing and distributing alcohol, threatening a minor, covering up a sexual assault, the list just goes on and on." I listened intently and sighed. "God, Daddy, what have you done?" I wondered aloud. "Is there anything we can do?" "I'm afraid not, Veronica. There is a lot of evidence, and some very powerful testimonies. Even if it does go to trial, it's not looking good." "So what's our best option?" He thought for a moment. "At the moment, pleading guilty and looking to any of the victim's families for forgiveness." I scoffed. "That's not going to happen. I doubt Cheryl Blossom will want to let him off easily, not after what he did, or tried to do, to her family." "Well then I suggest you prepare for the worst." Damn it, why couldn't Cheryl just leave it alone? Why did she have to push it? And where did she get all that evidence from? If only there was a way to get out of this....

I sat in the waiting area on my phone, waiting for a chance to see Daddy. The officers walked past several times without an update. Surely he'd at least be allowed bail? It must have been hours later when an officer walked up to me. "Veronica Lodge?" I nodded. "Yeah, can I see my father now?" "Veronica Lodge, you are under arrest for the sexual assault of Cheryl Blossom." "What? You can't do this. Get off me." I struggled as he tightened the cuffs. "I'll kill you, Cheryl." I shouted as I was dragged off to a holding cell.

A/N

Well that was interesting.... We're nearly there. Hiram and Veronica will get what's coming to them and a big Choni moment coming up. Thanks for reading everyone and don't forget to check out my other Choni story that I'm just starting, called You can't change me. Thanks. XO