the war has only just begun

Cheryl's POV

Toni and I were sitting on the couch in the student lounge, I had my legs on her lap, when none other than Veronica Lodge strode in, guns blazing. "Cheryl Blossom, I have a bone to pick with you." She said, getting right to the point. I removed my legs from Toni's lap. "Veronica, what an unpleasant surprise. And why, pray tell, are you walking the halls of Riverdale High when you've been suspended until the end of the month?" I questioned. "Don't change the subject, Cheryl. I know you burned down the Pembrooke. You destroyed everything, Cheryl. Daddy and I have to stay at the Five Seasons now." She said angrily. I fought back the urge to laugh. "It's not so nice, is it? Having your own home burn down with nothing left, having to start again." "What's that supposed to mean?" She asked.

I stood up and faced her, and she backed away slightly. "I know what happened all those years ago. When my great grandfather took the maple syrup trade from yours. It was rightfully his, he owned the land where those maple trees grew, and he turned it into the deliciously sweet Blossom Maple Syrup. It was his idea to start the business, and your great grandfather chose not to side with him. Instead they fought, and he left Riverdale. But he was angry, wasn't he? And so was his family. You're family have carried the grudge for so long, so I won't be surprised if it was a Lodge who burned down Thornhill. The Blossoms have always lived in Riverdale, what a stroke of luck it must have been for your dear daddy to find out we still lived in the old manor at Thornhill, prone to wood rot and catastrophic fires. All he'd have to do would be light a match in the closest barn, and then in would all go up in smoke. Doesn't take a genius to put two and two together."

Veronica had no more words to say. The colour was draining from her cheeks and after opening and closing her mouth, she turned on her heel and walked out. Everyone just stared and I sat back down, wishing I could disappear once more. "Oi, think you've seen enough." Toni growled and slowly, the conversations started back up and the room was filled with the usual hum of gossip and chatter.

"Babe, I'm so proud of you." Toni grabbed my hand. "Thank you, Tee-Tee. I couldn't have done it without you." I smiled. "I love you, Cher. So much." "As do I." We kissed and I tasted the sweetness in her lips. "Babe, you taste amazing today." "It must be the cherry lipstick." She winked and I laughed. She was adorable and so hot.

"Cheryl Blossom and Antoinette Topaz to the principal's office. Cheryl Blossom and Antoinette Topaz to the principal's office." The voice called through the intercom. I groaned and stood up. "What on earth would Weatherbee want us for?" I asked as we walked to his office. It turned out that it was in fact Hiram Lodge who was waiting inside his office. His face was contorted into a smile and he nodded as we entered.

"Ladies, Mr Lodge would like to talk to you about something serious." Weatherbee said. "Could you give us a minute, Waldo? I'll make it quick." He asked and Weatherbee left his office. "Five minutes." He said and closed the door. As soon as he left, the smile disappeared from his face and was replaced with an evil glare. "Cheryl Blossom, you are nothing but trouble, you know that? My wife and I took you in when you most needed it, and this is how you repay us? By burning down our home and running away? Very immature, very childish. Foolish girl." His voice was sickening, he talked very slowly like I was a child. "You don't have to patronize me, Hiram. I'm not Veronica, I can stand up to myself. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't, who's to say? But I'll tell you this for nothing, it's not over. The war has only just begun." I whispered in his ear before stepping back. "Come on, Tee-Tee, we've got double bio next."

I walked with a spring in my step as we headed to the labs. Hiram had to work a bit harder than that if I was going to lose to him. He knew it was me who burned down the Pembrooke, but he had no proof and I wasn't going to admit it to him. The look on his face was priceless. "Cher, what else are you planning?" Toni asked. "Why, Tee-Tee?" I poured slightly but she looked serious. "I know he's a jerk and all, but please don't stoop to his level." "Babe, are you having second thoughts?" I placed my hand gently on her cheek. She touched it with her hand. "No, I just don't want you to get hurt. You've seen what he can do, and I don't want him to do anything like that to you." "He's already done his worst, babe. I know he burned down Thornhill, or at least paid someone to do it for him. It was the only place I had memories of my family before I went away and he ruined that." "As long as you're okay, Cher. If I lose you then I don't know what I'd do."

Biology was silent, almost dead in fact, but I still felt all eyes on me. I wasn't used to the attention, still being very much a shy girl, and it almost felt like I had my glasses and weird clothes once again. We had almost made it through the double period when there was a knock on the door and Weatherbee appeared with two police officers by his side. What could they possibly want? "Cheryl Blossom, we need you to come down to the station please." The officer said. "What for?" "Just to ask some questions about the fire at the Pembrooke apartments, and some threats made towards Hiram Lodge. Please." "Babe..." I interrupted her as I stood up. "Tee-Tee, I'll be fine. Find Hermione, find the serpents, I'll be back sweetheart." I kissed her before being taken from the room. The hallway seemed much longer than usual as I walked, feeling everyone staring from their lockers. Hiram wasn't going to get away with this. That was a promise.

A-N

Plot twist lol sorry I've been very busy but it gets more interesting soon, just keep reading. Let me know any ideas you have in the comments and enjoy. XO