make a choice

Cheryl's POV

It was just the two of us, Toni and I, lying on the grass overlooking Sweetwater River. In the distance you could see the burnt ruins of what was left of Thornhill, a place I hadn't been to for six years. "What you thinking about, babe?" Toni asked me and I turned to face her. "Oh, Tee-Tee, just how I'm glad to see that house gone once and for all. It was a nightmare, living there, the house was too big and empty, even with Jason and Mommy and Daddy. I never felt loved, not really, but JJ was always there for me. Now he's not and I have no one." I broke down in her arms and she just rubbed my back soothingly. "It's okay, babe. You have me, you always will, and you have Hermione. She cares about you a lot, and so do I." "You always make me feel better, Tee-Tee." I smiled and wiped my eyes. "Well, you make me feel better every day." She places her hand on my cheek and caressed my face. We were about to kiss when my phone rang.

"Damn." I said and answered it. "Hello?" "Cheryl, it's Hermione. You need to come home, now. It's urgent." She ended the call and I stood up in alarm. "Babe?" I looked at Toni. "Tee-Tee, we have to go back. Hermione says it's important." She saw the look in my eyes and nodded, grabbing her jacket. We ran back to the town, reaching the Pembrooke out of breath. When we arrived, there were lots of reporters and photographers gathered outside. As soon as they saw me, they swarmed towards me with their one hundred and one questions, backing me into a corner.

"Miss Blossom, is it true what you said about Nick St Clair?"

"How do you feel about the case? Do you think you'll get justice?"

"Now that they've been released, will you face Mister St Clair and Miss Lodge?"

I was about to push through but that final question stopped me. I stood still, feeling overwhelmed by the publicity and worried about what they were saying. Was it true? "Did you just say they've been released?" I repeated. "It was on the local news, the story is all over the Riverdale Times. Do you regret speaking up?"

"Alright, that's enough." Someone said from the entrance. I looked up to see a tall, tanned man in a black suit and tie standing with his arms folded, wearing a frown. "And you must be Cheryl Blossom. My daughter Veronica has told me so much about you. I'm Hiram. Hiram Lodge." My last thought was that my eyes were deceiving me as my legs gave way and my head hit the ground.

Toni's POV

"Oh my god, Cheryl!" I rushed to her side as she fainted. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I shouted at Hiram, not caring that he's the father of Veronica Lodge, who just recently got released from prison. He didn't say anything but disappeared inside, leaving me to take care of Cheryl outside.

She woke up not long after, rubbing her head. "Oh Tee-Tee, I had the most frightful day-mare." She said as she saw me. I bent down to help her up. "I saw Hiram Lodge coming out of the Pembrooke." I hesitated, I didn't want to tell her the truth, but it didn't matter because she saw my face. "Cheryl, Hiram was released from prison and he's back at the Pembrooke." I explained and her face fell. "And Veronica?" "Her and Nick were released this morning, and no one knows why." She was about to reply when Hermione came running out from inside. "Oh, my goodness, are you alright?" She came over and fussed over Cheryl, so cute and motherly. "Hermione, Hiram's back. And Veronica." She said before bursting into tears. "Hey, it's okay." She whispered soothingly, guiding her inside as I picked up my jacket and followed. "You can talk to me."

We went to Cheryl's room, avoiding Veronica and Hiram who were talking in his study that I never noticed before. Cheryl sat at the end of her bed with me beside, holding her hand, and Hermione perched by the dresser opposite. She broke the silence, wiping her eyes with her sleeve. "Why is this still happening? Why isn't the nightmare over yet?" Cheryl looked so sad, it broke my heart to see her hurt and vulnerable. "Cher, I promise, we are all here for you. We're not going to let them win." I said, squeezing her hand. "But they already have, Toni, they got out and now Veronica's going to want revenge on me. What am I supposed to do?" She started to panic, her breathing increased rapidly and her hands were getting slippery with perspiration. "Cheryl, Cheryl breathe. Count to ten, remember, it's going to be okay." Hermione comforted her and she began to relax, closing her eyes and mumbling under her breath. "One... two... three..." When she looked up again, her face was filled with fear and worry, but she gave a small smile. "You all think I'm crazy, right?" She laughed nervously before closing her mouth quickly. "No, babe, you're beautiful. And you're not crazy, okay? Believe me, you're amazing, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise." I said fiercely and for a moment she ,looked scared before nodding. "Toni's right, sweetheart, you've got nothing to worry about... excuse me I'm going to talk to Hiram." Hermione excused herself and I let Cheryl lie down, snuggling against my chest. I stroked her hair gently until she fell asleep, lightly purring until she shifted position. She was so cute, it was unreal. "I love you, babe." I whispered before falling asleep.

Hermione's POV

I  poured myself a glass of wine before heading to the study, I needed the comfort before going to talk to my husband. He was talking in a hushed tone to Veronica but I could still hear them discussing something serious...

"Daddy, what are you planning?"

"Mija, after she betrayed you like that, she's going to get everything she deserves. Her and her wretched family." 

"What's wrong with her family? Her parents are dead, isn't that enough?"

"Mija, you don't understand. The Blossoms took the maple trade from us, many years ago. My grandfather, he was good friends with the Blossoms, and one day, they discovered the fertile earth and the maple trees. He wanted to start a business, but they took it from him and banished him from Riverdale. He moved to Greendale for a while before coming back to the Southside and joining the serpents. He learned that the Blossoms were responsible for the deaths of the Uktena. After a few months, things didn't go so well and he was kicked out of the Serpents. He died feeling used and unwanted. So that, Veronica, is why I don't like the Blossom family."

I sighed and leaned against the wall, closing my eyes, it really was that bad. I looked from the study to Cheryl's room... I knew I was going to have to make a choice: stand with Hiram and Veronica, or with Cheryl, my bloodline and ancestors. I touched the cross on my necklace and prayed to God for guidance. I hoped He would give me an answer, or tell me how to end this silly feud once and for all.

-AN-

PLOT TWIST... I BET YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING THAT...

Happy birthday to me, lol, almost 1K views I'm so glad you guys like this story... also the big drama between Veronica and Cheryl is coming so keep reading to find that out... and there's gonna be CHONI drama and more high school stuff so stay tuned... #riverdalestrong (as Cheryl likes to say)