it's time for a little chaos

Veronica's POV

After cheerleading practice, I invited Archie back to mine for a little make-out session. We slipped in through the back entrance to the complex but I didn't realize that Mom and Cheryl were going to be home, talking. Archie made a bee-line for the bathroom whilst I waited in my room, but then I heard the voices in the dining room. "I'm going to tell you something, Cheryl, and it may be difficult to process, but I don't want you to feel like you have to talk about it if you don't want to." My mother was talking, and I was wondering what she could possibly be talking about. "Your mother, Penelope Blossom, she was my cousin, and your great grandpappy Blossom had two brothers, they were triplets not twins. After the tragedy of brother killing brother, our part of the family also broke away, my great grandpappy was terrified at the thought that he could be next, so he ran away, to Mexico. He started a new life, with a new name, and our family grew. I met Hiram, and when he told me he was from Riverdale, it reminded me of the family that I had left behind. I returned a few years before your mother and family passed away, and we reconnected. I promised her that I would stay and look out for you." "So, we're related? You're a Blossom?"

I felt sick, I couldn't believe it. Archie came out of the bathroom with a worried look in his eyes. "Ronnie, what's up?" He asked softly, joining me at the edge of my bed. "Archie, I'm, I'm a Blossom." I spat before starting to cry. It took me a good five minutes to calm down in his arms before he asked what I meant. "I just heard my mom talking to Cheryl. My mom was Penelope Blossom's cousin. That means she has Blossom blood, so I have Blossom blood." I explained as he listened. "I don't understand, though. Why is that so upsetting?" "Arch, I don't want anything to do with the Blossoms. They're horrible people, the entire family. I don't care if her parents died, they were sick, the whole lot of them. Cheryl's mom sent her to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy for goodness sake." He just sat quietly, why wasn't he getting this? "I'm not just going to sit back and let that Blossom waltz back into our lives, stealing my mother from me." He raised his eyebrows. "What are you saying?" "I'm saying that I'm not going to let her ruin our family. Daddy's in prison, so it's just me and her, and that's how it's supposed to be. It's time for a little chaos." I said, with an evil smile.

///

We had amazing sex that night, I was fuelled with anger and passion and lust for my ginger stallion, but he didn't really seem into it. It was still great, but he didn't talk much afterwards and we lay together, silent, hands barely touching. "Come on, Arch, what's wrong?" I turned to my side to look at him. "Ronnie, you said the Blossoms were bad people, and I get that. But everyone's family has a past, and don't you think Cheryl deserves just to feel safe and feel normal just once? She's been through a lot, Ronnie." Why was he defending her? "Archie, I don't care. She's related to that sick family, they were smuggling drugs and working with the Southside Serpents and they sent their own daughter away. Blossoms are poison, and I don't want her in my house."

That was the end of the conversation. Archie left soon after, running out of words to say. To be honest, he was starting to get on my nerves, why couldn't he just support me in this? They were a toxic family, and my mother just let one into our house and confessed that she is one, too. What does that say about me? Questions floated around my head as I got ready for school.

"Veronica, darling, I didn't see you much last night. Was everything okay?" Mom was sitting at the table, as if nothing was different. "Yeah. I'll see you." I just wanted to get away so I left without saying anything else. She was probably wondering what was wrong, but I guess she'd work it out soon enough. I didn't stop by Archie's on my way to school, I just needed a break. Josie was waiting by the steps when I arrived. She was my face and immediately rushed to my side. "Veronica, what's going on?" She asked. I sighed and walked to the locker room to dump my sports kit. "I just found out something about Cheryl and my mom." "What is it." "Josie, my mother was a Penelope Blossom's cousin, so Cheryl is her niece. We're cousins." As I expected, Josie was speechless and waited for me to elaborate. "God, I hate the whole lot of them. I just want that poison gone from my family. She's ruining everything." "What are you thinking?" Josie asked, a slight twinkle in her eyes. "I'm gonna ruin her for good."

During my free period, I saw Cheryl go into the bathroom. I followed her and caught her wrist before she could leave. "Don't you move. We need to have a chat." She looked uncomfortable and backed away against the wall. "V-Veronica, what's going on?" Her voice shook slightly. "Oh, are you going to cry now? Just because your mother carted you off somewhere, doesn't mean we all have to feel sorry for you." She didn't say anything but looked at the floor. I took a step towards her. "You can't even look your own cousin in the eye. Pathetic." I said through gritted teeth, emphasising the last word. She looked up, her eyes filled with tears. "Y-you know about that?" "Oh don't be stupid, of course I do. I heard you and mom talking last night. Just so you know, you are never going to be part of my family, so why don't you just fuck on off back to the sisters of quiet mercy, and stay there." I finished before turning on my heels and leaving. Just before the door slammed, I heard her burst into tears and I felt satisfied. Now it was time for part two of my cunning plan to get rid of her: party time.