please don't leave

TRIGGER WARNING - DRUGS, RAPE AND ASSAULT
(Nick and Cheryl in the Five Seasons)

Cheryl's POV

It was cold when I opened my eyes. I felt woozy and light headed but I hadn't had any alcohol. Did I? Is that right? No, I don't know anymore. Groaning, I rubbed my head in an effort to clear my vision, but everything was still spinning way too fast and I could just make out blurs in the darkness. "T-t-Toni." I muttered, trying my best to sit up. Someone was walking towards me. A boy. He had dark hair, I think, and he was speaking but his words just sounded like a distant hum.

I felt faint and fell back, my head hitting something soft. Possibly a bed? I don't know. He was coming closer, I felt his hand on my leg. His fingers moving up my thigh, reaching my hips. His hands were fiddling with the zip of my dress. I tried to move away, push him off, but my body was weak and my limbs felt heavy so I could barely move. "No..." I wanted him to get off but he carried on, ignoring my feeble attempts to move away. "Stay still." I think he said, whispering in my ear. A rush of cold air hit my exposed skin as he removed my dress. He was brushing my hair away from my face and his hands were cold against my cheek. His lips pressed hard against mine, his tongue forcing itself into my mouth. I just lay motionless as he started kissing my neck and my chest, moving down past my waist, his hands on my breasts. He removed my underwear as my eyelids shut again and my tears streamed down my cheeks.

There was a sharp pain radiating from my pelvis, spreading through my legs and my abdomen. And again. I felt something run down my thigh, soaking the sheets. And then I heard a scream. And the boy was no longer on top of me. His body slipped off mine, and I just managed to open my eyes enough to see a flash of pink rushing towards me before they closed again. "Cheryl? CHERYL?"

Toni's POV

She wasn't moving when I arrived. I'd asked Veronica where Nick St Clair was staying, and she pointed me in the direction of the Five Seasons hotel, so I ran back to collect my bike and headed there as fast as I could. She said it was a penthouse suit, so I took the elevator to the top floor, and started banging on the doors. An elderly woman answered the first door and I asked if she knew Nick. "Oh, yes, the St Clairs are old friends of mine. I believe Nick is staying here for a few days." "Do you by any chance happen to know which suite he's in? I'm looking for a friend of mine." "Oh yes, he's very particular. Always the same one. The one at the end, overlooking Pickens Park."

I thanked her and ran to the very end door. Without hesitation, I hurled myself at the door, causing it to break open and I sprinted through the suite to the bedroom, where Nick was lying on top of Cheryl. "Get off her!" I shouted, pushing him off her and onto the floor. "Bitch, what are you doing?" He spat but I just punched him as hard as I could. He fell to the floor and I rushed over to Cheryl, who wasn't moving and had her eyes shut. For a moment, I thought she was dead, but then I felt her chest move underneath me as I listened carefully and I pulled her into a tight hug. "Cheryl, oh Cheryl." I started crying, I hadn't been quick enough to protect her from the monster.

Just as I thought she was safe, I felt her body start to shake I my arms and I started screaming her name in panic. "Cheryl? CHERYL! Come on, Cher, please wake up." I begged, but her eyes weren't opening and she wasn't saying anything. I wrapped her limp body in one of the robes and carried her down to the lobby, where I ran to the first member of staff I saw. "Please, you have to help me. My friend, she's been drugged. She needs to go to the hospital, and I only have my bike." I said frantically. "Of course, ma'am. I'll have a concierge drive you." "Oh, and can you call the Sheriff, please? He needs to arrest the boy in room 501."

In the back of the car, I held her in my arms, whispering to her. "Come on, Cher, don't leave me now. I need you, I need you here with me, please don't leave." I begged her as I gently stroked her hair and prayed that she would be okay. The drive to the hospital was quick and I carried Cheryl's now still body in, shouting for help. A doctor got her on a gurney and she was wheeled away, whilst I fumbled with my phone to call Mrs Lodge. "Hello?" "Mrs Lodge, you have to come to Riverdale General, it's Cheryl. Something's happened." "I'm on my way." It always felt surreal, sitting in a hospital waiting room. The last time I was here, my mother was sick, very sick. She never made it out of hospital, and since that day, I'd avoided going to the hospital at all costs. But this was different, it was Cheryl. And I prayed hard that she was going to be okay.

"Toni?" I stood up when I saw Mrs Lodge enter, looking very worried. "What happened?" I proceeded to tell her everything, about how Cheryl had been feeling and the party and about Nick. I hadn't got to the worst part when she stood up in anger. "I knew the St Clairs were dirty, they have deep connections in the underworld and their son, Nick, is just as devious and cunning. What's he doing in Riverdale anyway?" "Veronica's party, I guess she must have invited him." I said sourly. "That can't be right, the two of them haven't seen eye to eye since..." She stopped but I urged her to go on. "Since what?" She covered her mouth, "oh my goodness. Did he?" We didn't say the words but in that moment, we both knew that the unspeakable had happened, and that he had done it before, to others.

We were interrupted by the doctor coming out to update us, and we both stood to listen. "Cheryl is going to be fine, we revived her and she's been treated for the overdose, but we did find something serious that needs to be discussed." The doctor said, seriously. "But we can see her right? She's fine." I asked. "Physically, yes, she should be able to go home in a couple of days. But per request, we conducted a rape kit analysis and it came back positive." He confirmed Mrs Lodge's suspicions and she sank into her seat whilst I nodded. "Yeah, Nick St Clair. That son of a bitch drugged her and assaulted her. She was barely conscious when I arrived." "It's hospital policy to report incidents like these to the Sheriff..." he started but was cut off by the arrival of none other than Sheriff Jones. "No need, Doc, I'm already here."