take care

Veronica's POV

Daddy and I came up with a plan to ruin Mom and the Blossoms for good. He had many connections, and I had Nick St Clair as my weapon. I invited him back to stay for a week to get under Cheryl's skin, and insisted that he spend a day at Riverdale High. Over dressed in his posh prep school blazer and shirt, I got him a t shirt and smart denim jacket to wear with his casual black jeans. "Trust me, you'll get on much better like that." I commented as I adjusted his jacket. "What's the plan again?" Has asked as we left to walk to school. "Cheryl is going to be in for a little shock when we get to school, Nicky. And don't worry, hardly anyone actually remembers you from the party, they were all drunk out of their skulls." I laughed and linked my arm through his. He raised an eyebrow. "Oh, no jealous boyfriend then?" He winked. "Very subtle, Nick. But no, I don't need a man to tell me how to live my life. I let Archie go." I explained as we walked towards the main entrance.

The halls were already crowded so it was easier to sneak him in. Still no sign of Cheryl, so we headed to the lounge to socialise for a bit. He spotted the six foot tall ginger stallion that was Archie Andrews talking to Josie in the corner and smirked before joining me with some of the other Vixens. "So, ladies, what goes on around here?" He asked, charming as always. Whilst he was getting comfortable, I went to the bathroom to touch up my makeup. I was surprised to find one of the stalls already occupied, usually it's an empty bathroom. I heard sniffling through the door and was tempted to ask what was wrong when I heard them speak, presumably on the phone. "Hermione, I don't know if I can do this," the girl sobbed into the phone. I couldn't hear the response but moments later, the call ended and the door was unlocked. Cheryl emerged from the stall, hobbling on her crutches, and I suppressed a smile. "Oh Cheryl, the day has only just begun," I sang brightly before turning and leaving her confused. It didn't cross my mind that Toni was going to see Nick first, as she wasn't in the bathroom with Cheryl. They were having a face-off in the middle of the hallway.

"What is that disgusting animal doing here? He sexually assaulted my girlfriend!" She shouted to the crowd that had gathered. I pushed my way to the front to join him. "Don't listen to her lies, her and Cheryl are in it together, lying about everything as usual." I defended him, ending up lying through my teeth. I wasn't going to let her ruin everything again. "Honestly, it's your fault we're in this mess, anyway. If you hadn't led Cheryl astray, none of this would have happened, and I'd still have all my family together. But you wrecked that. You took Cheryl, and then my mom away from me so now I'm going to take her back." I yelled back angrily.

Before Toni could respond, Cheryl had just made it out of the bathroom and walked into the middle of the dispute. Her face turned from pale to beetroot red in less than ten seconds when she made eye contact with Nick. He still wore the same smirk and evil grin that she remembered from last time. "W-What is that Nick St Creature doing here?" Her body was shaking with anger and fear. "W-what's wrong with you?" He retaliated, making fun of her stutter. It was pretty funny to watch as she turned even redder and backed into the wall. "Just leave her alone." Toni growled. She reached into her pocket to grab something but before she pulled it out, Weatherbee came out of his office to find out what all the noise was about. "Right, everyone back to class." He paused. "Everyone but Topaz, Lodge, Blossom, and whoever you are." He pointed to Nick and disappeared back into his office.

We followed in silence and waited patiently, refusing to talk to each other. Cheryl and Toni were holding hands, ugh, and Nick was standing, leaning against the door with a casual smile on his face. "I can't even look at him." Cheryl said finally, angling her body away from him and towards Toni. "Well then just get the hell out of here." I said curtly. "Uh, excuse me." Toni said loudly. I rolled my eyes, here we go again with the drama queens. "Cheryl, please would you come in?" Weatherbee appeared just on time before I hit her. I stood up hurriedly. "Sir, can I speak to you first? It's important." I was worried Cheryl would twist things and make me look like the bad guy in all of this. "Miss Lodge, sit down. I will call you when I want to." And he shut the door to his office, leaving me with Nick and Toni outside. Great.

Cheryl's POV

I couldn't stop my body shaking as I sat in front of Weatherbee. The last time I spoke to Weatherbee, I felt sick. But this time he spoke kindly and softly. "Cheryl, I know it's hard, and I know what you've survived in your past. Veronica has definitely not been welcoming and I know about the bullying and the events of her party." He said. "H-how?" I looked up into his comforting brown eyes. "I like to keep an eye on certain students of mine. Those who cause the most chaos." I laughed nervously. "So what's going on?" I asked. "Cheryl, I'm writing to Mr Lodge tonight about her behaviour towards you and your girlfriend, Antoinette. I'm going to speak to her after this about the values that this town prides itself on, and she will be suspended until the rest of this month. I hope it's a step in the right direction." I nodded. "T-thank you, sir. I'm just relieved that she won't be here at least for another two and a half weeks." "Yes, and I revoked your class changes so you are back doing Music and Art. Now, back to class. And remember, you can always talk to me or Mrs Burble, the councillor. Take care of yourself, Cheryl." I left his office and hugged Toni tightly, just about managing to hold back the tears. "It's all good, Tee-Tee." I said and our lips connected in front of Veronica, I wanted to laugh in her face.

Her jaw clenched until she had enough and stood up angrily. "God, you two disgust me. Blossom is screwing Southside trash, you must be so desperate to go for someone like that." She sneered. "At least we love each other. At least we are proud to be together, we respect each other and we're here for each other. So go ahead, call us disgusting, call us unnatural, sinful, whatever. Because it won't change the fact the she is my girlfriend, and I love her." I suddenly snapped and lost all composure. I defended my girl and gripped her hand tightly. She grinned at me with glassy eyes, god I made her cry too. "Cher, wow, I love you to."

That was the last straw for Veronica. With fury settled in her eyes, she lashed out and slapped me across the face, making my cheek sting badly. I tasted blood in my mouth, she had managed to knock out one of my few baby teeth left and my lip had cut. She didn't stop there. Nick watched as she pummelled my chest and aimed another punch at my face. Finally moving, Weatherbee lifted Veronica and moved her away as Toni rushed to my side. "Babe, you okay?" Her voice was full of concern. "Y-yeah, it just hurts." I said. "You can go to the nurse, Cheryl. Take Toni with you. As for you two, you can come with me." Weatherbee said, gesturing to Nick and Veronica. As we left, the last thing I heard was Weatherbee's shouting, and it made me feel good inside. Finally, it was coming to an end.

-A/N-

Hi sorry I've been busy with school stuff so updates are slow. Also, let me know what you think of the story so far and leave a suggestion what you think Cheryl and Toni will do to stop Hiram and Veronica. Also do you think Hermione should legally adopt Cheryl at the end? Just an idea, keep reading and voting though... thanks all. XO