dead girl walking

Cheryl's POV

I was released under careful supervision, just to make sure I didn't have a relapse or any cravings, which were apparently possible. I just felt exhausted and wanted to go home and lie down. Toni and Hermione had arrived and I was just getting ready to leave when Hermione received a phone call. "Hermione Lodge speaking. Okay, yes, it's no trouble. See you." "What's going on?" Toni asked. "We have to stop by the station on our way home." She explained as we left. I held hands with Toni, only breaking contact to climb into the car. Our fingers were firmly interlocked, I felt safe with her by my side.

"Hermione, why are we going to the station?" I was curious. "Nick's parents have arrived, and they have requested to speak with you. You don't have to see them if you don't want to, but just in case." She said. "Hey, it's okay. Remember, I'm right by your side." Toni smiled. "I-I'll see them. It's okay." With Toni, I felt so much stronger, so much more confident and proud to be myself. "I'm proud of you, babe." Toni planted a kiss on my cheek. "You got this."

FP led me to an interview room where Nick's parents were waiting. I took a deep breath before entering, Toni right behind me. They were seated when we arrived, looking extremely stern and serious. I was about to change my mind but Toni squeezed my hand and I moved to sit across from them. "Who are you?" Mrs St Clair snapped at Toni. Immediately, my anger built up inside of me and I had to calm down before I did something I regretted. "Excuse me, I'm her girlfriend, and I'm here to be Cheryl's emotional support, after everything she's been through." Toni said fiercely. She was super hot when she was riled but I had to focus. "My girlfriend stays or we both leave." I said.

"Fine." Mr St Clair said, folding his arms. "How much would it take for you to drop the charges?" He asked, getting straight to business. "I beg your pardon?" I nearly shouted. "Your son drugged me and raped me, he's a sick psycho, why would I do that?" My entire body was shaking and Toni rested her hand on my shoulder. I saw Mrs St Clair's nostrils flare in anger and I realised why Nick was the way he was. His parents really were a piece of work. "How about you drop the charges, and we don't release to the public about your secret little love affair? About what an abomination you are? Disrespecting God and humanity with your trespasses."

Instead of being angry, I had the sudden urge to laugh out loud. "You really think that's a threat? I couldn't care less if everyone knew, in fact go ahead. I'm not ashamed of who I am, or who I love, or what I'd do to protect those that I love. But I'm not dropping the charges, so you can forget about that. I guess I'll be seeing you in court." I stood up, ready to leave, when they stopped me in my tracks. "Your mother was right, you really are the devil's child." Mrs St Clair said, staring coldly. "What did you just say?" I turned around, my hair flying behind. "You heard me. Yes, I knew your mother. The Blossoms have been in business with us for many decades. Who do you think brought the maple syrup industry to such a hick town anyway? Penelope couldn't wait to be rid of you at the first excuse she had. She sent you far away when you were ten and then shortly after, Thornhill is burnt to the ground. Coincidence? I think not. Why don't you accept that you're just a jealous, spite-filled, evil little girl?" Her face was centimetres away from mine. "You don't know anything about me." I said before storming out.

"Cheryl, Cheryl wait." I heard Toni calling me so I slowed down and waited for her to catch up. Her eyes were sad and happy at the same time. "Cher, did you mean it?" "Mean what?" I asked, fulling knowing what she meant. "You know, babe." I blushed shyly, "I did, Tee-Tee. I'm coco-bananas for you, and I think I just needed to say it. But it's okay if you don't..." she broke me off with a kiss and I wrapped my arms around her. "I love you, too, Cher. Well, now that's out, what do you want to do about Nick St Clair?" She asked. I groaned. "That family is a nightmare, Tee." "I know, tell me about it. You can't let them win, Cher." "What can I do? The St Clairs are a well respected business family with deep connections all over the States. If I say anything, I'm a dead girl walking. And if I don't, then Nick gets away with it." I said. She took my hands in hers and kissed softly. "Well I won't let anything like that happen to you, okay?" She held her palm open and I placed mine on top with a smile. "I've just had an idea." I said, as soon as it popped into my head. "I'm going to talk to Veronica and Nick." "Babe, are you sure?" I took a deep breath. "Yes, I'm not hiding from this, and neither should they. They'll get what they deserve."