Freed X Stoic ! Reader : My Little Moai

~~~

~~~

"Happy Birthday (y/n)!" Freed said excitedly, holding a present out for you, "thank Freed!" you said kindly, accepting the gift, "its moai's birthday? Awe Happy Birthday!" Bickslow said happily, wrapping his arm around your shoulder, "why are you calling her moai? What even is a moai?" Freed asked, "you know that stone head thing? The one that has a straight face?" Evergreen smiled, "WHY?!" you asked in surprise, "because anytime anything happens you never show emotion? Like if you covered my eyes and you spoke I could HEAR the emotion but your face never shows it" Bickslow nudged you. "What do you mean? She smiles all the time" Freed scoffed, "uh huh ok, her lips literally become a straight line anytime she tries to show emotion" Evergreen mocked you.

"I always smile what do you mean?" You huffed, "come here" she said and dragged you to a mirror, "what if~ Freed just told you he loved you" she said, "WHAT?!" you and Freed both shouted, "you were supposed to blush and smile" she whined, "ok just smile like Master is promoting you to S Class" Bickslow patted your shoulder, you smiled, apparently not. "See?! Your mouth doesn't go UP, it goes ACROSS" Evergreen laughed, "it's completely going up!" Freed stuck up for you, "look!" Evergreen shrugged and poked your cheeks, lifting them up with her fingers, forcing a smile. "How are you letting her do that" Bickslow asked you, mid laugh, you scoffed and pushed her hands away, "come on this is how I always smile!" you complained, starting to feel insecure about it.

"Don't listen to them (y/n)!" Freed huffed, "you dont need this on your birthday" he added, stepping up to the two as he took you away, "I actually smile right?" you asked shyly, "of course you do don't listen to them" he said, "you're so lying" you glared at him, "I KNOW when you're expressing emotion, it's just a face thing it's not like you're emo or it's bad it's just how you are" he shrugged in a panic. "Freed did you just call me emo" you pouted, "NO! I'm trying so hard" he groaned holding his head and you laughed at how frustrated you made him. You and Freed argued about this the entire day but playfully arguing, you went to the guild for a surprise party and spent the rest of the night enjoying the time with the rest of the Fairies, halfway through the night the Thunder Legion disappeared so you started to search around the guild for them.

You found them gathered in a room, "Freed you tell her tonight" Laxus said, you listened in, "no it's her birthday let her enjoy the night!" Freed's said back to him, "you say that as if telling her would ruin her night" Bickslow laughed, "it probably would" Evergreen shrugged, Laxus nudged her head, "encourage him!" Laxus snapped at the two. "Come on she's like our bestfriend, she's amazing, I can't risk telling her tonight" Freed complained to the others, "honestly I would be terrified at the thought of telling her because you can't read her face at all, you wouldn't know if she was happy or upset" Evergreen giggled. "You know Evergreen you're not helping!" Freed yelled at her, "listen here Freed, everyone in this guild knows you love her, and it's obvious she loves you back, just go tell her."

"I think she knows", you saw the Thunder Legion look over at the door and you noticed your dress was peaking out from between the gap between the door and the wall, you panicked, "(y/n)!", you ran downstairs and out of the guild, hoping they wouldn't catch you, you nearly screamed when Freed caught you outside, "hey hey it's just me!" Freed assured you, you turned your back and didn't face him. "Ah, your back, has as much emotion as your face" he teased, hoping to lighten the mood, you laughed under your breath as you didn't turn around, keeping your back to him, it went silent for a minute, "how much did you hear?" he asked, "probably more than you'd like to think" you said quietly.

"Listen I'm s—" he started to apologize, you turned around and shut him up, giving him a kiss, "dont you dare apologize" you interrupted him, "I know I'm not good at showing emotion I get it, and I'm sorry if I ever made you think I didn't love you too" you rambled, confessing everything in a mere fifteen seconds, Freed looked absolutely baffled. "I-I love you" he stuttered, unsure of what else to say, you just giggled and hugged him tightly, "I know" you smiled, burying your face into his neck, "also, this made my birthday better, by the way" you cooed, nuzzling your nose against his, he laughed and pressed a soft kiss to your lips, "even if I cant TELL, I will always KNOW that you love me"

~~~

a/n: sorry if this was short i didnt know how to add more without drifting away from the theme haha, thank you for requesting, by @redpandaotaku