Rufus X Hurt ! Reader : You Saved My Life

~~~

~~~

This was such a crucial mission, the Sabertooth guild was asked to infiltrate a building with an extremely powerful dark guild, with Fairy Tail out of commission, Master Jiemma sent Sting, Rogue, Yukino, Orga, Rufus and myself to finish the job, but it was so much worse than all of us had anticipated. There were six stories to the building so everyone took a floor of their own, we were to eliminate the guild, being the Masters right hand he sent me to the top floor where the dark guild leader was residing, while everyone else was on the floors under me, "so, we finally meet (y/n), the Queen of the tigers.", you were a God slayer, not a specific one, no specific element, you had the power to slay any God magic users out there, but as strong as you were, nobody would've been prepared for the fight you had. The guild master wasn't human, nor was his magic god level, in fact, it was higher, to which it took you using all of your magic energy just to knock him down.

"Genesis Zero!" he shouted, you jumped back and crossed your arms, "GOD SLAYER LIGHT WAVE!" you yelled, shining a bright angelic light that would dispel all of the phantoms before they could get to you, "Square of self destruction!" he casted onto you, "oh no.." you whispered seeing the seal on you, you had no choice, "GOD SLAYER! ELIMINATION!" you screamed, casting your most dangerous spell onto the guild leader, as soon as your spell had destroyed the leader, the self destruction spell started to take a toll on you, killing you from the inside out. You growled and hit the seal, using whatever magic power you had left to try and buy yourself some time, you collapsed onto the ground, unable to move or muster any energy, you heard the fighting continue from the floors below you, but you couldn't make a single sound loud enough to cry for help.

Everyone was outside the building, "wait where the hell is lady (y/n)" Sting said, he was busted and bruised up, "don't tell me she's still in there" Orga growled, holding his torso as he breathed heavily, nobody was able to fully clear their floor, so there were still mages inside the building, Rufus was the first to act, running back towards the building, "Rufus are you crazy?!" Rogue hissed at the blonde mage, "(y/n) is still in there, I know her well enough to know that if it were any one of us still in there she would come after us too" he snapped at the others before rushing back in, "no, dont follow him, he can find her, let's just back him up and clear what we can" Yukino said to the others, everyone agreed and followed behind, clearing mages so Rufus could rush to the top floor where you were supposed to be. And as soon as he saw the guild leader on the floor, he saw you, propped against a wall with a self destruction seal on your torso, crying out in pain and fear, Rufus rushed to your side, "lady (y/n)" he whispered.

"Rufus..." you whispered back, reaching out and grabbing his hand, "a self destruction seal... lady (y/n) we need to get you help there's not much time" he said, wrapping his arm around you, instantly you cried out in pain, "I'm sorry I know it hurts, but I can't lose you, come on" he apologized, lifting you up and running you out of the room, mages were heading towards you guys, Rufus ran into an empty room and stood against the wall, he got on the floor and covered your mouth, quietly hushing your pained cries as he waited for the mages to pass by. When the mages were gone Rufus did whatever it took to get you out of there, "she has a self destruction seal, what do we do?" Rufus asked the others, "only one persons survived it and it was that Jellal guy from Fairy Tail, but he's in prison now" Rogue explained, "we have to get her to him then, I'll have Libra reverse the balance of the spell and make the time last longer" Yukino said, before Rufus carried you all the way to the Magic Council, who allowed you to go to the prison and find Jellal.

Seeing as you knew the original Fairies that disappeared, Jellal had no problem taking the spell off for you, which was a relief to all of the Tigers, mainly Rufus who had refused to leave your side. Rufus saved your life because he loved you, unlike Minerva you conversed with the other Tigers, making memories and spending time with them, getting to know them and going on missions together, Rufus was your closest friend and you confided in him the most whenever you weren't working with Sting and Rogue or Minerva. Rufus don't want to lose you because of how much you meant to him in the guild, you were the big reason he stayed in that guild despite the horrible guild master, it was all for you. You were unconscious, Rufus sat next to you, holding your hand, it had been a week since the seal was removed and you still hadn't woken up, everyone got back to the guild and was rewarded, everyone had finished taking out the mages and you had handled the most important battle, but at what cost? That's what Rufus thought.

You opened your eyes, it was dark outside the window insinuating it was nighttime, Rufus was asleep, his head on the bed as his hand was still tangled with yours, you couldn't help but smile, you reached over with your other hand and ran your fingers along his hair, he slowly woke up, peering up at you, jumping with excitement when he noticed you were awake, his arms quickly went around you, "lady (y/n)!" he laughed, hugging you tightly, your arms just as tight around him. "Have you been taking care of me?" you asked, rubbing your eyes, "ever since I found you on the top floor, I was so worried, you had that seal on you, I thought you'd never make it back" he admitted, "I'm not that weak, a little self destruction won't kill me will it?" you joked making him laugh and tuck your hair behind your ear.

"I'm glad you're ok m'lady" he said, you smiled, "I wouldn't be without you" you muttered, you sat up slightly and leaned forward, pressing a quick kiss to Rufus's lips, "I'm still feeling out of it though, will you stay here with me until I feel better?" you asked, laying back down, "o-of course m'lady!" he said and laid next to you, you cuddled closer to his chest and buried your face into him, "call me (y/n), I like hearing your voice say my name Minstrel" you mumbled before drifting back into sleep.

"Alright (y/n)"

~~~

a/n: aaaaaa ok so if you didn't see my republished last chapter, i said that once i hit 100 followers i will do a face reveal and put my other social media handles on here, thank you so much for the support aaaaaa <3 last request by @pokeprism14