Freed X Sick ! Reader : Let Me Take Care Of You

~~~

~~~

"Oh gosh (y/n) its almost as if you need someone to take care of you" Freed mocked you as you coughed against your arm sleeve, "no! No I don't!" you snapped at him, looking back at the mission board, you sneezed and launched a fire ball at the mission board, you could FEEL Freed's smirk behind your head, "shut up Freed" you said annoyedly and walked past him. "Are you really gonna leave that gaping, burning hole in the mission board?" Laxus asked, sitting at the bar with the rest of the Thunder Legion, everyone was off doing something somewhere so Gramps left you and the Thunder Legion in charge of the guild hall, you were also sick out of your mind and your bestfriend Natsu was out on a mission and said you should stay back to rest and get better.

"You know what Freed? Let me die" you said as you sat on one of the benches and laid your head down, "oh come on how stubborn are you gonna be about this?" he asked, "you got sick because you were nice enough to take care of me when I was sick, the least I could do is help you too" he added. "Then you'll get sick AGAIN, we might as well just die then" you complained as you rubbed your runny nose, "remember when (y/n) scared the crap out of you Freed?" Bickslow laughed, "your lame attempt at flirting with (y/n) made you think you were dying" Bickslow said, still laughing as he drank with Laxus, "and what exactly did (y/n) scared you with Freed?" Evergreen asked. "(Y/n) found Freed when he was sick and found out he had a fever, he said it was because he was hot and she said it was a bad fever and he was gonna die" Laxus explained, "Freed's not really the brightest is he?" Evergreen asked them quietly, "love is blind" Laxus rolled his eyes.

"Guys!", "hey Mira" Freed said as Mira came into the guild hall, carrying stacks of papers, "Gramps is busy at a meeting and asked Laxus to organize these for him" Mira said as she set them down in front of me and Freed on the bench, "wait where are you going?" Evergreen asked the white haired mage, "man it's like a day off there's no one here I'm not staying" she giggled and took off. "No! I will be productive today! Laxus! Stand back! I shall do this!" you said proudly before coughing against your arm again, "I'll help" Freed offered, "I'll sneeze on you" you threatened, "I'll kill you" he threatened lightly, "this sickness will kill me first" you mocked him as you started to go through all the papers and organize them just like Gramps wanted, "missions, complaints, blah blah" you mumbled as you kept sorting through papers.

"AHA! IM DONE! LOOK FREED I DID IT!" you cheered since you shooed Freed away to work alone and show him you were fine, "huh would you look at that you did it" he said as if he didn't believe in you, "oh shut up you had no fa- fai— ACHOO!" you sneezed loudly and aggressively, you watched in utter sadness as the papers flew off the bench and onto the floor. You collapsed onto the floor, "woah (y/n)!" Freed shouted and rushed towards you, "leave me here to die" you said sadly as you laid on the pile of papers that were now scattered around the guild, "come on, you should actually get some rest" Freed said as he picked you up, "woah are you telling me you actually did all that and I STILL have to organize those? But now with (y/n)'s cooties all over them?!" Laxus yelled, "get to work sparky" Bickslow said as he leaned back in the chair.

Freed took you upstairs to the infirmary and laid you down, "stop it, you're seriously gonna get sick again" you said as you rolled over, "it's fine, you should get better as soon as possible" he told you, opening the window to let some fresh air in, "it's not a freaking baton you pass around Freed, if we both get sick who will take care of us?" you asked, "if we're both sick we can take care of each other without worrying about getting sick" he said with a playful pout, you rolled your eyes. "Uh huh, lets see how that works out for you Freed."

• one week later •

"Definitely wasn't worth it" Freed said as he laid his face on the pillow, "I TOLD YOU!" you shouted hoarsely at him, "I think Mira's downstairs, let me get you something" you offered as you got off the infirmary bed, "no wait let me go get it" he said as he got up, "no no stay here let me get it" you said stubbornly and walked to the door, "hey no! Lay down!" he said and rushed to the door and followed you as you both raced downstairs to Mira. "Didn't Laxus give you two strict orders to stay upstairs and rest?" Mira asked, "I came to get soup for Freed but he insisted on coming" you told Mira, "and I came to get soup for her but she also insisted on coming" Freed said, "I hope you two die a happy death" Laxus groaned as he kicked the two of you away from the bar. "Now go back upstairs, and LAY. DOWN. Before I PERSONALLY throw you two out of a window" Laxus threatened making you and Freed race upstairs to avoid the wrath of Laxus, "wait damn it neither of us got our soup."

• another week •

"FINALLY, FREEDOM, HEALTH, ILL NEVER TAKE BREATHING FOR GRANTED EVER AGAIN!" you cheered happily as you stood on the table, "well good to see you're back" Natsu chuckled as he sat at the bench with you, "yeah no thanks to Freed, we kept each other sick longer than we needed to" you complained, "Freed did do a lot to take care of you though" Lucy said as she came and sat beside Natsu as you sat on top of the table. "Yeah I know, but I did the same for him" you mumbled, "do you like Freed? You've didn't talk to the Thunder Legion that much before" Lucy asked, "why on earth would you ask that? I dont!" you retorted embarassedly, "YEAH YOU DO!" Evergreen shouted from across the guild, "I WILL GET YOU SICK!" you shouted back at her with dusted red cheeks.

"Awe man does that mean I get another sick week to hang out with you?" Freed said slyly with a wink as he walked by, "my boys sick in the head sorry" Bickslow apologized, "by the way, he so likes you, and I'm like, almost sure he's going to get sick and ask you to take care of him again" Bickslow added, "and why are you telling me this?" you asked Bickslow, "duh~ cause you like him too and you wanna hang out with him just like he wants to hang out with you~" Natsu teased you. "Shut up fireball" you spat and pushed his head away, "well please stop him and just go out like normal people, if Freed gets sick and cancels on another mission I may very well just lose my mind" Laxus told you, you bit the inside of your cheek, "YOU DONT HAVE TO ASK ME TWICE!" you laughed and jumped off the bench and out of the guild.

"HEY FREED! LETS GO GET SICK AND ANNOY LAXUS SOME MORE!"

"ALREADY PLANNING ON IT!"

~~~

A/N: uhh yeah ok :) requested by @pokeprism14