Cobra X Emotionless ! Jellal ! Sister ! Reader : One Step At A Time

~~

~~

A/N: this story is written in second person pov

~~

"My sister is back in town, so I expect all of you to be on your best behavior" Jellal told the guild members with the utmost seriousness, "was it really necessary to call a guild meeting for this?" Angel asked, "no but he's gonna do it anyway because his sister is scary and someone has to warn you guys" Meredy laughed as she leaned back in the chair. "Well Jellal is harmless to us, how bad can his sister be?" Midnight mumbled, bored with the topic, "has Meredy met your sister?" Cobra asked Jellal, "once, but it wasn't a conversation, it was more Meredy accompanying me to send my sister off" Jellal explained. "What's she like? Am I supposed to be scared of her or can I run over and swing my arm around her, welcoming her to the guild?" Hoteye asked unsurely, "she probably won't react, girl has no personality at all" Meredy laughed casually, "as much as it pains me to say so I have to agree, my sister changed from when we were kids, the Tower of Heaven incident took a toll on her more than me so she doesn't react to anything" Jellal briefly explained to the others.

"How come we haven't met her before if she's your sister and we basically were enslaved in the same place huh?" Cobra asked, after a few seconds of silence, the door opened, a powerful aura emanating through the room, "(y/n)!" Jellal smiled, trying his best to welcome his expressionless sister. "Why is it so quiet in here now? I heard all of you having a pleasant conversation" you said, walking closer to the table they were all sat at, "well he said be on our best beha— ACK!" Racer rambled on until Cobra hit the top of his head to shut him up, "stop tiptoeing around me, you know that bothers me Jellal" you said, sitting down at the table beside your brother. "If you really did tell them to be on their best behavior, at least tell them to not be so rude and to treat me like anyone else around here" you said, slightly annoyed but decided to remain physically unbothered.

"H-How was the job request?" Jellal asked, in an attempt to change the subject, "God Serena was difficult to track down, it's why it took me so long to come back, that traitor practically traveled the world to turn against us" you sighed, tapping your fingers against your jaw as you rested your hand under your chin, "and you, stop trying to read my mind, it's getting bothersome" you added, not turning your face to the man on your right, Cobra, "why the hell cant I read you, I'm basically jobless if I cant do that much" Cobra scoffed, squinting harder at you, Jellal swiped at his neck from behind you to tell Cobra to cut it out. "I'm going home, this conversation is going nowhere" you scoffed, feeling unsatisfied with your encounter with the guild, leaving without another word, you left the guild to converse about you amongst themselves.

"I'm gonna follow her, I refuse to be bested by someone in Jellal's family" Cobra said and got up, "and what's that supposed to mean?!" Jellal yelled in offense, "its like she has no feelings, like I could start sobbing and crying and she wouldn't even bat an eyelash" Angel sighed, "that's basically my sister, that's how she's been since we escaped" Jellal sighed with an unhappy look, "well I'm gonna change that then, anyone coming with?" Cobra asked, "duh!" Meredy laughed and got up, and soon everyone followed to try and squeeze even one sight of emotion out of you.

"Watch this, I know what I'm doing" Cobra laughed, "here kid I'll pay you to cry for me" Cobra said immediatelt after seeing a kid in town that was in the path you were taking, "he has no idea what he's doing does he?" Racer asked as everyone sat nearby, it was mainly a rhetorical question as everyone knew that Cobra did indeed, not know what he was doing. You walked down the long plaza that led towards the home Jellal owned that you stayed at when you were in town, the child that Cobra decided to pay, started crying as told, causing you to peer over, simply acknowledging the kid, but alas, not stopping yourself, and kept walking.

"Oh she's heartless" Midnight said, "says you" Hoteye mumbled making Midnight growl at him, "OH POOR CHILD COME HERE!" Angel cried, running to engulf the kid in a hug, "ugh ok, plan b" Cobra groaned, "so no sympathy, let's make her happy then" Cobra spoke to himself as he ran ahead of you, "what makes people happy" he mumbled to no one as he looked around, "hey kid! Give this girl flowers!" Cobra said, giving a different child a bouquet of flowers. "He's frightening these children" Meredy scratched the back of her neck, "I'm not gonna even attempt to stop him" Jellal sighed as he hung his head in utter disappointment.

You walked along the plaza and turned right to head towards the neighborhood full of houses, "miss!", you turned your head and saw a little boy, holding a bouquet of flowers out at you, "these are for you!" he said with a bright, childlike smile that reminded you of how Jellal smiled at you when you were kids, your face didn't change at the thought, but you accepted them, "thank you" you said blankly, and kept moving along without any smile or reaction to the child.

After a few more hours of futile attempts that have started within your own home, Cobra was getting fed up as the others got tired of watching him fail, "IM GONNA GET YOU TO SHOW EMOTION! HERE! LOOK AT IT! CRY!" he yelled, holding a cut onion to your face, "why are you so adamant about getting me to show you emotion?" you asked, genuinely confused at his motive. "I see everyone's thoughts and emotions! And it bothers me that I can't see through you!" he complained, "maybe I don't want you to see through me" you retorted, "you grew up in the Tower of Heaven too, you remember the pain and suffering we underwent, how can you even live with the mindset of happiness and joy all around you knowing that your childhood was spent enslaved?!" you asked, slightly raising your voice.

And for a second, he felt something, but it wasn't because of his magic, it was because of your voice, it was as if you were begging him to answer your question, "I close myself off so I don't feel that pain anymore, I'd rather feel nothing than risk it all" you admitted, you felt him inside your head, but once again not with his magic, but through his understanding. "You can move on, it's never gonna be easy, and I dont think any of us will get over it" he told you, "but that's why we opened up to each other, we've all been through the same thing, we know what we went through, but you'll never move on, you'll relive that pain instead of trying to overcome it" he said softly.

"Its easy to say" you said in a soft tone, deadpanning, "it wont be easy, but I'm telling you because I did it, they did it, your brother did it" he motioned to the others, Jellal stepped forward, "(y/n), you're a part of a guild with people who know what we went through" he said, "and I hate seeing you like this, I want my sister back, the one that showed me love and affection anytime she could, I want her back" Jellal said to me, I didn't want to cry, but I didn't want to let my brother down either. "let us... let me, help you, and we'll get through it together, one step at a time" Cobra said, offering his hand, "we'll show you that you can be happy again, and bring back the sister Jellal misses so much" he added, smiling at you, you hesitated, looking at his hand with uncertainty of whether you should open up again.

"O-Ok."

"You smiled."

~~~

A/N: i really hope this is ok, it's been like seven months since i've written a chapter here and about two months since i've gotten caught up fairy tail, this was requested by @RedPandaOtaku thank you so much for the request ♡