28 : KAMIPKHSH

Kahit anong mangyari, ipaglalaban parin kita hanggang sa huli - Miggy

-----

Miggy

Nakailang bote na ako ng alak pero parang hindi parin ako tinatablan. I can still feel the pain and It's fucking bullshitting me.

" You think that would solve your problem, anak?" That's my mom's voice. Nakatutok lamang ang aking mga mata sa bote ng alak sa mesa.

" Do not count those bottles of beers now, Joaquin. What's wrong?" Everything's wrong.

" Aalis si Julianne Ma. She applied for an internship abroad. Why the heck did Dad approved of it? Malinaw naman ang pinag-usapan namin ni Papa. I told him that in case Julianne will file her application for her internship abroad, he wouldn't sign her approval form and dismiss it right away but what bullshit happened. She's leaving me Ma. Just like what you did with Dad, few years ago. Nakakagago lang Ma. Hindi pa nga kami nagsisimula, iiwan na niya agad ako." Fuck! I cannot fucking cry infront of my mom right now.

Mom took the spare seat beside her and sat down.

" I entered the University owned by your father to study. I was a student first before I had a relationship with him. My relationship with him was forbidden, Miggy. But still, sumugal parin ako. It went on and on until I it's too late for me to realize that I was slowly falling in love with your father. I never saw that coming. Our affair lasted for almost two years before I also submitted my application form for a chance to study more and have my internship abroad. The board approved of it and I was given an approval letter in return. Nang malaman iyon ng iyong ama ay hindi niya iyon nagustuhan. He tried to stop me. But still, I left. When I came back, he pursued me still. That's when I got pregnant with you. Iyung tatay mo, siniguradong hindi na ako babalik kaya meron ka ngayon. But thinking of it, if only I continued studying, I should have been working in one of the biggest banks. That's my dream. But I chose your father. I realized that my dreams are nothing if I don't have your father. I chose to be a mother rather than to be an accountant. Miggy, I am telling you this because I want you to reconsider what Julianne wants." My mom said. Tinungga ko iyung laman ng bote bago ako nagsalita.

" Paano kung makahanap siya ng iba? I can't bear that thought Ma. Hindi ko ba siya puwedeng pigilan nalang Ma. Dahil iyun ang gusto kong gawin. This might be a very selfish act but it's my only shot. I cannot take another Gino to share her with." I said.

I saw how mom looked at me before she smiled.

" Life is an unending learning experience. You have to experience it before you will be able to learn. For whatever reasons you have, I will still consider it valid. You know your limitations Miggy. Pero sana lagi mo ring isipin ang nararamdaman ni Julianne. You might be hurting right now but that doesn't give you the right to manipulate the situation to your own liking. You are hurting, and so is she. You are my son, pinalaki kitang may maayos na pag-iisip. Do not let that feeling dictate your actions. Be matured enough to handle the situation, Miggy." My mom said. I closed my eyes as I nodded before taking my keys with me. It's ten in the evening but I need to see Julianne.

" You're drunk, Miggy. You cannot drive" I heard my mom say.

" I can drive Ma. Don't worry. It's just four bottles. I intend to be drunk but not now. I still have my Julianne I need to see" I said.

" I'll call our driver. Siya nalang magmamaneho para sa 'yo" She said.

" No need Ma. I'm perfectly fine" I said.

" Leave him with that, Sabina." It was my dad's voice. He's home from work.

He approached us and kissed mom.