Facing Reality

The Japanese government was in crisis, they were fighting a war they simply were not ready to. The loss of Kyoto to the Y.P.F was a massive loss at first, and then the Q.R.A had taken control of it. The rest of the fronts were not going well, either. Their forces had been destroyed every time they faced with the Q.R.A. Social order was breaking down, people protested the government's handling of the crisis. The heroes had remained neutral for now, but for how long could they ignore the atrocities of the war?

It was in all newspapers. The Kyoto Massacre they dubbed it. Kyoto, one of the most important cities in Japan, home to 1.8 million people, was reduced to rubble, and their population had been cut in half. The survivors weren't lucky either. Rumours spread that the Q.R.A has enacted a project called "Purity". Apparently, they are using quirk erasing bullets to turn entire quirked populations into quirkless. This was just the beginning, and people knew it.

Japanese Military High Command.

General 1: We can't allow the Q.R.A to keep rampaging as they please.

General 2: But what can we do? We have to buy time to prepare.

General 3: The U.N. promised to send a relief force, we have to hold out until then.

General 1: With this strategy who knows if we will still be alive when they come.

Commander Levi: I agree with him.

General 4: Oh, and what do you know? Until recently you were part of the police force

General 3: Don't get cocky boy, we are more experienced we know what to do!

Levi: Experienced? There hasn't been a war in 200 years in this country. All throughout the crisis, you sat behind your desks like cowards, the only thing you are experienced is cowering in fear, which is what you have done.

General 2: Then what do you suggest? And why should we even listen to you?

Levi: I was promoted by the Prime Minister for a reason you know? And well this is my plan. Our intelligence suggests the Q.R.A is moving eastwards to attack the Meta Liberation Army, so I suggest we let them reach their destination.

General 4: So we just let them take everything from Kyoto to Deika City? What is the difference between your strategy and ours?

Levi: We won't let them take everything. Between Kyoto and Deika its the city of Nagoya, a city we can't let the enemy take. We will fortify it the best we can, I doubt Phoenix would enjoy being stuck in a siege. He will probably let it be, and go to strike into Meta territory. When the Q.R.A and the M.L.A are in the heat of battle, we will hit and bring them down both.

General 3: Do you really think we stand a chance against them?

Levi: No, the Q.R.A tech is too good, but we don't have to take down the entire Q.R.A, if we take down Dark Phoenix, they might collapse, and still, this may be our only chance to, as you must remember that every day, the enemy is also getting stronger.