19 - Laser Tag

The song at the top is literally the motto for this chapter bc it's summer and everyone is playing laser tag and it makes me want summer.

k enjoy ;)

-----

You know how sometimes you go to do something you've never done before and you have no idea how it'll end? You may end up hating it, or hurting yourself. But there's also that chance of you loving it and having the most fun you've had in years.

That was me and laser tagging.

As strange as it may sound, it's true. When Mason mentioned that we were going laser tagging today I nearly choked. I've always had a fear of people making fun of me because I suck at something, which is why I don't leave the safe place I call my comfort zone very often. Add on the fact that One Direction is going to be joining and you mind as well just hand be a paper bag to start heaving into. Don't get me wrong, I've always wanted to try laser tagging but within the comfort of people I've known for more than five days.

"Let's go!" Mason yelled from downstairs.

A forty-five minute car ride, which may or may not have included some major jam sessions, Shay, Mason, and I arrived at the house of horrors.

Aka: the laser tag building.

"Where da boys at?" Shay questioned.

"Zayn texted and said they got here five minutes ago," Mason replied.

"Oh so you guys are on texting terms now?" Shay winked.

"Why? Are you jealous?" Mason teased. Shay mumbled a 'no' as we walked through the doors. I was immediately hit with a strong odor of sweat and children's devilish screaming. Strangely, though, I couldn't wait to start playing.

Hmph. Bi-polar much, Carter?

"Ah well would you look at that, the gangs all here," Louis greeted as Mason and him did that bro hug thing. Mental note: ask Mason when he suddenly became so chummy with all of them. "You guys ready for this?"

"Baby I was born ready," Louis replied to Mason's question. All five were already in vests and were waiting in line for their laser guns. Everyone was conversing and looked ecstatic to be here. Meanwhile I was having an anxiety attack.

"If you don't stop over thinking everything, you might have an anxiety attack." The Irish accent was in close proximity to my left ear, almost sounding like my exact thoughts.

"Thanks Sherlock," I turned to face him as he stared down at me.

"I just didn't want you to hit the ground or anything. I don't know if I'd be able to hold you up. All that ice cream from the other night looks like it might be catching up with you," Niall teased. Everyone but us two had chosen their weapon and were waiting impatiently for us. I grabbed a blue one and handed Niall a red one so we were on opposing teams. "Oh, it is so on, Horan."

"Teams, velcro your vests and turn on your weapons. The game is about to begin." The announcers voice boomed throughout the room. Black light paint was on every wall and were illuminating through the darkness, giving off the only light in the entire room. The teams were on opposite sides of the room but, of course, there wasn't a clear shot at them. Tiny crevices and alleyways were blocking our path. Putting it more simply, it was a glowing maze.

Blue team, my teammates, ended up including Harry, Shay, and Louis. I'm pretty sure Shay had a mini fangirl moment before stepping into the game zone considering the fact that we was on a team with, wait for it...Harry Styles.

Our opposing team, red, was made up of the rest of them. Zayn, Liam, Mason, and Niall. Sure, it was an all guys team that probably had more experience in one of them then in our entire team but, hey. I wasn't giving up hope.