24 - We've Lost Control

Everyone dreams of their fairy tale moment. Your prince running after you, making sure they don't lose you. Or saving you from a place you're desperate to get out of. But the number one fairy tale moment in every girls life is when the prince kisses the princess.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm a princess by any means, and I'm almost positive Niall isn't a prince. But the moment his lips met mine, I couldn't help but think that this was my fairy tale moment. Somehow, everything else felt insignificant. Everything I've been worrying about for the past week, from Cameron to the thought of Niall walking away completely, just seemed to fade away. The only thing going through my mind was how undeniably perfect it was to simply just kiss this boy.

And I didn't want it to end.

By the time I had found my wits and snapped out of all my thoughts, I hadn't realized that Niall's hand had found its way to my face, holding me in place. Not like I would move or anything. My hands made their way to his waist, wrapping around his strong torso.

He took the initiative to deepen the kiss, leaving me to lose any ounce of strength I had left. I weakened at his every movement, his every touch. He had brought his other hand to rest on my waist and I brought one of mine to just lightly touch his jaw. Though, it wasn't long until it had tangled into his dyed locks.

I wasn't sure how long it went on like that. Him kissing me, me kissing him. Me losing my mind. You know, the norm. But when he pulled away, only slightly, it felt like it wasn't nearly long enough. "Holy shit," we're the first words to tumble from his mouth that was on mine only moments ago.

"I couldn't have put it better myself," I replied, still trying to even my breathing. Something suddenly switched in his eyes. Whereas they were previously a darkened shade of blue, they were now filled with worry. Even worse, I feared it was regret.

"Shit, Carter, I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-Christ," he stumbled on his words and looked down, shaking his head. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

"Niall, stop," I chuckled slightly at his panicked state. "It's okay. It's better than okay, for God's sake. Don't apologize for it." My hands were rested on his chest as one of his was still holding my waist, the other playing with the sand. At my words, he looked back up at me. "Wh-what?"

I couldn't help it. The confusion evident in his features and the panic that was held in his voice earlier made me break into a fit of giggles. Maybe I was crazy or just high off of the kiss that had just occurred, but I had to laugh. "Niall, I'm not mad at you," I tried after I had calmed down a little.

"You're not?" He was still confused.

"No. Why would I be?" I stared at him, wanting so badly to take the baffled look off of his face.

"I don't know. I mean, I just kissed you out of blue. I don't even know if you like me enough to kiss me and I just went ahead and did it," he sighed and looked back at his hand playing with the sand.

"I kissed you back, didn't I?" I asked, leaning down to try and find his gaze again. I was so desperate to look at him again, to look into his eyes and assure him that I wasn't going to run away like he thought I would.

He shrugged quickly, still adverting my eyes. I exhaled loudly before talking again, "fuck it." Removing both hands from their previous position on his chest, I took his face in both my hands and did the thing I was sure would convince him that I wasn't mad

I kissed him. Again.

But this time, I made sure we would pull away with him knowing I didn't regret a thing. I moved closer to him so that my crossed legs were touching his. At this, he brought the hand that was playing with the sand to meet my waist, helping me move into the position I was aiming for. There was still some excess sand that remained on his hand as he held it there, but the warmth of his touch still managed to penetrate through my thin tank top. I was starting to lose breath completely, but if it meant having to pull away from him then I guess I'll lose all air.