25 - Water Balloons

I think I'm going to add songs at the top of each chapter just bc I love music and I think (I hope) I have somewhat good music taste.

"And now I'm running and I can't stop anywhere I go. I think about it everyday and night I can't let go."

Rollercoaster - Bleachers
---

One week later.

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you hate me if I threw this at you right now?"

"Most likely 10."

Okay, let me paint a picture for you: The boys, Shay, Mason, and I are on the football field not even playing football.

We're having a water balloon fight.

And I'll give you one guess on who started it. In case you got stuck it was Niall. And at this very moment he was standing about an arms length away from me holding a water balloon that was way too full for its own good.

It was a pain in the ass to fill them all up, let me tell you. But the fight itself has been totally worth it, minus the bruises I'll most likely have of course. We probably filled over 100 of them and carried them over to the field to have a full on water balloon war. We decided to go teams rather than every man for themselves because let's be honest, winning as a team is much more celebratory than winning alone.

It was Louis, Shay, Liam, and I on one team and Harry, Zayn, Mason, and Niall on the other. I found it funny that even though the opposing team was full of boys, we were still winning with two girls. Especially since Shay and I were better with kicking a ball than throwing one (even if these were balloons).

It was practically like laser tag all over again except this time we could actually see each other and a laser wasn't the thing that got us points. Instead, it was a hard, wet balloon that people had no problem whipping at each other.

I'm pretty sure I had a few good bruises on my arms and back.

Currently, though, I was being cornered into the football net by Niall as he threatened to throw that balloon at me. And don't let him fool you, that boy can hit a target. Hard.

"It's the name of the game, love. I think I have to throw it at you," he smirked, obviously enjoying the fact that I had no way out.

"Not at this distance! Niall if you throw that at me with the speed and force you've been throwing the others I don't think I'll survive," I stood still, afraid that any slight movement would make him let go of the deathly weapon in his hand.

"I'm not sure whether or not that's a complement," Niall raised an eyebrow at me.

"Take it as you will, just let me have a 'get out of jail free' card." Now normally I wouldn't be as much of a wuss as I'm being right now but considering the wilt I already have forming on my thigh from one of his previous throws, I'd say I have a good reason.

And he threw that from at least half a field away from me, not a foot.

He just continued to stand there, a wicked glare slowly creeping onto his features. He began to raise his arm into a throwing position, threatening me even more. I closed my eyes and turned my head to the side, making sure he didn't do damage to that part of my body. I winced when I heard the sound of a balloon making contact with skin but was confused when I didn't feel any water.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, peaking through one before opening the other to find Niall newly soaked with a water balloon.

And Louis right behind him.