4 - Welcome to Paradise

The picture above is the main living space and Carter's room in Shay's beach house. The TV is on the wall opposing the kitchen and the stairs are to the left of the kitchen and that's pretty much how I picture that portion of the house.

P.s. bring me a beach house this nice. Please and thank you ;)

------------------------------

"Jesus, Carter. How much can a girl sleep?" I heard a voice above me and placed it as Shays.

"What the bloody hell?" I opened my eyes to find myself laying flat on a driveway.

"I opened the damn car door and since you were laying all over it, you fell out," Shay replied.

"Thanks for the subtlety," I snapped back.

"Get your arse up and off my driveway and grab your bags. I'll meet you inside. Mason's on his way so he'll be here soon too. Hurry it up girlfriend, I want to be able to go to the beach tonight!" Shay exclaimed and just like that, she was off and running towards the house.

With my nightmare still fresh in my head, I took my bags out of her car. When I turned towards the house I couldn't help but gasp. It was beautiful. Better than I ever expected. Shay's beach house was located on the coast of a beach with a view of it right in her backyard. From what I could see, the beach was huge and the water was crystal clear. No one was at it which made me think it was private property. I was always jealous of the fact that Shay had a beach house. This was the first summer that I was able to come with her. Oh, and did I mention that her parents weren't going to be staying with us? Well they're not. Fist pump! Once my eyes were finally torn from the beach, I looked around her neighborhood. It seemed quiet and quaint. Only a few houses were around and it didn't seem like anyone was in them. To my right was a park...with a football field?! SCORE! Looks like I'll be spending some time at that park. To my left was just a few other huge houses with views just like Shay's.

Once I was finished with my sight seeing, I reached for my duffel bags and backpack and dragged them behind me as I walked into the house, or should I say mansion. The entry way was kinda thin and short with an oriental rug lining the light and hardwood floors. I walked forward to find myself in a living room with an open kitchen that had two big pillars to somewhat divide the two. To the right of me was the living room that had ceilings that were higher than I could imagine made of wood panels. A forty-something inch flat screen TV was placed above a modern fireplace. Two huge white sectionals were all located near the television. There were wooden French doors that opened to a deck facing the ocean. Windows lined the outside wall and behind of me was a catwalk which I was guessing connected the upstairs rooms connected to the stairs that ended were I was currently standing. To the left of me was the kitchen. Counter tops and glass cabinets filled almost the whole thing, leaving a wide opening to the living room. Between the kitchen and living room was a dinning room table with eight seats; plenty of room for the three of us to spread out. The whole thing was beyond words.

As I explored the house a little more, I found a huge downstairs bathroom with a jet tub. Also, five bedrooms, one master bedroom, and three more bathrooms were located upstairs. "Pick a bedroom. It doesn't matter which one!" Shay called from somewhere within the house. I decided to go with the dark blue one. The bed was against the opposite wall of the door with a plush looking white duvet. Two french doors opened up into a small balcony. A door to the left and right of the bed. One leading to a small walk-in closet, the other leading to a personal bathroom. A dresser and mirror was next to the bathroom door. All the furniture was white, including a fur beanbag next to the closet door. Man, am I going to enjoy this.

I pulled out my iPod and plugged it into the iHome that was on my night table. The 1975's Chocolate started to blare from the speakers as I started to unpack, starting with my shirts. After about and hour, I was finally done unpacking everything. I threw myself on my bed and nearly fell asleep the moment my body hit it. This thing was beyond comfortable. Better then the one at home for sure. I heard the front door open than close, knowing that Mason had just walked in. Why was he so late? He was right behind us when we left the grocery store...

I bounded down the stairs to be met with Mason and Shay in deep discussion about who has a better left kick in football. "Hey guys, sorry to burst your bubble but it's clearly me," I joked as I walked up to them.

"Whatevs, Carter. We both know it's me," Mason argued back.

"Oh please. Have you seen the power of mine?!" Shay jumped in.

"Yes. We both have. Now would you guys please help me with the groceries. I'm hungry," I said wanting this conversation to end.

"Okay, okay. This isn't over Mason," Shay said pointing her finger at his chest. All three of us went outside and little by little we unloaded all of the groceries. While Mason unpacked his clothes and Shay continued to unpack her never-ending wardrobe, I put the food it the correct cabinets. Once I was done I screamed up to Shay, "hey! Are we going to the beach anytime soon?" No reply. Oh well, I'll just get something to eat while I wait.

I walked back over to the kitchen and decided to make myself a turkey sandwich. I finished eating that in two minutes and grabbed some potato chips to munch on. I plopped down onto the couch in the living room and instantly fell in love. Ah, this is the life. I could literally sit on this couch, eat chips, and watch television all day. If the beach wasn't right outside, that's exactly what my summer would consist of.

Finally, Shay came downstairs with Mason following close behind her. "Sorry, I was busy unpacking. Yeah, we're gonna go to the beach in a little bit after Mason and I eat," She said.

"I don't get to eat?" I joked.

"I know you've already eaten, you fatty," Shay sarcastically said.

"Doesn't mean I don't wanna eat again..." I trailed off. Mason just laughed at me and said, "just marry it already, would you?"

"If it was legal, I would," I said back. Almost everyone knows that me and food have a special relationship.

"Well then, what shall we eat?" Shay asked.

"Pasta," Mason replied.

So with that Shay and I made the pasta while Mason sat on his bum and watched the football match that was playing on the telly. Every once in a while he would shout out the score for us to keep track of who was winning. After ten minutes, the pasta was done and served. "Eat up. We've got a busy night ahead of us," Shay said as she sat down.

"Busy?" I questioned.

"Yeah, busy. Didn't I tell you? I'm throwing a 'start of summer' party," Shay said as I nearly choked on my pasta.

"A party?!" I seethed.

I hated parties. Especially parties that Shay plans.

This'll be fun.