8 - The Walk of Shame

Carter.

"No way! You cheated!" Louis exclaimed after our game. We've been arguing about it for the past twenty minutes, and frankly, I was getting annoyed.

"Give it up already! I played just as fair as you did, you're just not as good," I commented.

"But you can't just come up and shove me to get the ball!" Louis was shouting at me by this point, also clearly annoyed.

"Have you ever played football before? Shoving is allowed. In fact, it's encouraged!" I yelled back. Jeez, give it up! I won and there's no way around it!

"Yeah, bu-," Louis was cut if by Harry, "mate, she won. Fair and square. There's no way around it." Thanks, Harold. I owe you one.

"Thank you! Finally, someone who knows what a win looks like," I said, nodding at Harry and he nodded back, "no problem, love."

"Ugh! Fine, whatever! You won!" Louis exclaimed and stomped over to Liam, fake sobbing into the younger boys shoulder. "I can't believe you took her side, Haz!" Louis hollered through his 'tears.'

"She was playing fair, unlike you Boobear!" Harry said. These boys have some serious relationship issues. Louis sighed and glared at me. Well then, someone's sassy.

"Awe, come on mate. You can't stay mad at her forever," Niall said. Now I got two out of the five boys on my side. This wasn't going as bad as I thought it would.

"Yes I can," Louis said, still pouting at me. It's funny, this boy is 21 and that's exactly what he is. A boy. Not a man, but a boy.

"No, you really can't," This one came from Zayn. Three out of five!

"Stop taking her side on everything! What happened to always stick with each other?" Louis complained.

"It went away when you called a girl a cheater when she wasn't." Haha! That's four out of five thanks to Liam's remark. And cue music...this girl is on fire!

"I was trying to get us out of this bet! I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want to go down to that beach," Louis said. Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

"Oh. Right," Zayn said. "Shit."

"Pardon your French," I mumbled.

"What was that?" Zayn asked.

"Nothing. Nothing at all," I said, praying he wouldn't push it any farther. Thankfully, he let it go. No one's meant to hear my mumbles. Zayn was staring at me while Louis was still glaring at me. "Would you please stop staring at me." Zayn finally blinked and looked away, but Louis slowly broke eye contact. Stubborn boy. But, out of the corner of my eye I saw Niall turn a deep shade of red. Why is he blushing? I turned my head to face him, but as soon as we made eye contact, his eyes darted to the ground. Well okay then. The longer I spent standing there with the five boys, the stranger they got.

After a few seconds of awkward silence I decided that this bet should get on its way. "Beach is that way," I said, pointing to the beach behind me. The boys all frowned at me, but finally started walking towards it. Thank you for not giving me any trouble.

"Beach is that way," Louis mocked as he walked past me. Meh, spoke too soon. Once his back was turned to me, I started making faces at him.

"That's cute," said an Irish accent to the right of me. I immediately stopped what I was doing and looked at him. This time when our eyes met, he didn't look away.

"I try," I said, flipping my ponytail for effect and he chuckled lightly. Awe, I like his laugh. It was a little awkward just standing there staring at each other so I broke the silence, "you gotta get to the beach too, ya know."

"I know. I just figured I would walk with you instead if the boys," Niall said.

"Well I am just flattered. You'd rather walk with someone you just met rather than your four best mates," I said while winking. This time he laughed. An actual full on laugh. And this time I couldn't stop myself, I laughed too. I'm not sure what it was, but his laugh was contagious. By the time Harry shouted at us, we were cracking up over absolutely nothing. "Guys, let's go! Carter, you were the one that practically shoved us down here so you're coming with us."

"The bet was for you guys to go down, not me!" I shouted back. I could hear a faint huff from Harry before he turned back around to keep walking. "Ugh, come on. I need to announce to everyone that One Direction has arrived," I said and Niall's eyes grew wide. "You're going to what?" He spat.

"Yell to the heavens that 1D is on my beach. That way, no one will miss your presence," I replied, turning away from Niall's bright blue eyes. Stop it Carter, don't even start to think about him and his beautiful eyes and laugh and hair- wait. What? As I started to turn and walk away from him, he ran back next to me. "I'm walking with you, remember?" He asked cheekily.

"How could I forget."

-----------------

Quick note: the POV will always be Carter unless I label otherwise (it will look like: Niall. for example)