28 - The Date//Part Two

"And should this be the last thing I see, I want you to know it's enough for me 'cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need."

Tenerife Sea - Ed Sheeran

----

Turn left now.

Rerouting.

In 100 yards, turn right.

Rerouting.

"Jesus! Siri is a piece of shit. How the hell am I supposed to take a turn if I've already passed it?" It's been twenty minutes since our run-in with the angry market man and Siri hadn't been one ounce of help in helping us find our way.

Turns out we were even more lost than we had originally thought.

"Should I give her a stern talking to? That seems to work on disobedient children," I suggested. Niall just grunted and kept trying to follow the directions coming from his phone. I heard him mutter something under his breath but it didn't sound like just swearing. "Come again?"

He looked over at me, seemingly shocked that I had heard him, "nothin'." If there's one thing about Niall that I had learned in this car ride it's that he's something close to a perfectionist. And if not that then he's just overly intent on getting us where he had set out to go nearly an hour ago.

I don't blame him though. My butt was really starting to hurt. Sure the rented car was nice but the seats could be considerably more comfortable.

Along side that fact, I've also come to learn that I have more patience than I thought I did. Normally being lost in a car with uncomfortable seating and Siri always announcing that we were, yet again, going in the wrong direction would drive me mad but, surprisingly enough, I was content with the matter. Maybe it was because I was in a car with Niall and for some reason it didn't seem that bad.

"Fucking finally!" Niall shouted making me jump. "Sorry," he apologized after watching me practically fly out of my seat from his outburst, "we're here." I looked past him and saw a restaurant with a patio coming out of the side. Over the seating was strands of Christmas lights, illuminating the entire outside tables. "Wow," I breathed, taking it all in. I've never seen anything like it before.

"It gets better," he smiled at me before getting out and walking over to my side to open the door for me. "Come on." He grabbed my hand and closed the door behind me. Ignoring the shock that spread through my entire body at the simple gesture, I let him pull me towards the glowing patio.

"Hello, welcome to 'The Golden Patio' (a/n: wow so creative, props to me), just two tonight?" The hostess asked Niall.

"Just two," he confirmed looking down at me, smiling slightly. Swoon.

Okay, get it together. You still have a whole dinner to get through.

The hostess led us to a table tucked into the back corner. Niall, being the gentleman he is, pulled my chair out and let me sit before going to his side of the table and doing the same for himself. "You're waitress will be with you shortly." We both chorused a thank you before she walked away to sit the next party.

"How did you even find this place?" I asked in bewilderment. I was still trying to get over the fact of beautiful it all looked.

"Well to be honest with you, I got lost a few times," he smirked at his witty reply which sent me into a fit of giggles. "I hate you," I rolled my eyes after I had come down from my laughing fit.