6 - The 'After Show'

Niall.

"...and live while we're young," Harry sang, finishing off the last song of our concert. The crowd went wild. Cheers and screams erupted and echoed through the entire venue.

"Thank you so much!"

"We love you guys!"

We all signed off with some thank you saying before running of the stage in a sweaty mess.

"Great show boys," Paul said as we emerged backstage, handing our mics and earpieces to the people running the show.

"It felt great!" Liam said.

"Well, you boys are free tonight of interviews and after parties get on the bus and we're heading straight to your next show," Paul said.

Yes! Finally, a night of nothing. All I wanted to do was sleep. I was also craving some Nando's chicken. "Hey, can we stop at Nando's for some food?"

"NO!" All four boys chorused.

"Why not?" I wined.

"Because we've been there almost every day this week and I'm sick of chicken," Harry answered.

"How can you possibly be sick of chicken?" I snapped back.

"Like I said, we've had it every day," Harry repeated.

"Okay, then what about a club?" I tried.

"No!" The other four repeated. I pouted and mumbled a 'you're no fun' and sulked off to the bus.

Once all five of us stepped onto our tour bus and before I could do anything else I ran towards the kitchen to get some food. Just my luck, there was an unfinished chocolate cake in the fridge. I took it out, grabbed a fork, and walked over to the couch to sit with the rest of the boys.

"Fat arse," Harry commented.

"Hey, I didn't get my chicken so this is the next best thing," I argued. Suddenly, a hand came way to close to my cake and I slapped it. Hard.

"Ouch!" Louis wined. "That hurt," he said, pouting.

"You touch my cake, you get hurt," I glared at him.

"Awe, Boo Bear. Are you okay? He didn't mean to hurt you," Harry said.

"Actually, I did mean to," I said. Louis shot me a glare and Harry started muttering to himself saying that I shouldn't go around slapping people. You're just jealous I have cake, Harold. I finished up my cake without anyone else trying to take a piece. Most of them knew better than to touch my food, but one of them couldn't seem to grasp the fact. Cough, Louis, cough. I looked at the clock that read 10:42. Better get some sleep. Liam, Zayn, and Louis were all passed out on the couch while Harry ended up somehow on the ground. As I was just about to slip into a peaceful slumber, the bus suddenly jerked forward then come to a complete stop. I figured we had just stopped quickly at a stop light and thought nothing of it. That is, until Paul hovered over me and said, "uh Niall, I think the bus broke down." My head snapped up as soon as he finished talking.

"What do you mean by 'broke down'?" I asked.

"It-it broke down. Won't start back up. It's broken," Paul said.

"OUR BUS IS BROKEN!" I yelled. At this, three boys stirred awake while Zayn still slept like a rock. Typical.

"What's going on?" Harry's groggy morning voice said.

"Bus broke down," Paul stated like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Well what are we supposed to do?" Liam piped in.

"I'm not sure. I'm going to try to find some nearby mechanic shop. We're right by a neighborhood which means there should be someplace close by," Paul answered, sounding unsure.

"Where are we?" I asked, afraid of the answer I might get. We had another concert in a few days that we might not be able to make. Eh, maybe we can finally get a break. Suddenly, the whole situation didn't seem so bad.

"Who knows but there's civilization so we won't die," Paul claimed.

That sounds promising.

"Do you guys want to go ask around and see if anyone knows any places close by that could fix this? I saw a house with a whole bunch of lights on a little while back. How 'bout you check that one," Paul continued.

"Uh, yeah sure. Come on boys," Liam said, trying to wake up a sleepy Zayn.

Once we got him up, we all left the bus and looked for the house Paul was talking about. When we finally reached it twenty minutes later, I realized there was a party going on.

"Oooo, partay!" Louis shouted.

"Louis calm down, we aren't here to party. So don't party," Liam said. Oh, Liam, haven't you learned you can't keep us away from a good party? As we came closer to the house, I noticed two people playing football on a nearby field. "Hey guys, why don't we ask them instead of getting bombarded by all the people," I asked, pointing at the two players.

"Oh yeah, good idea mate," Zayn said.

As we walked closer to the field, I realized that the two playing were really good. One was heading towards the goal while the other one followed close behind. There's no way they're gonna be able to block that shot, I thought. The boy with dark hair was advancing on the goal fast about to shoot, when suddenly the one with blonde hair came up and took it away, shooting at the side goal and scored. But as we got closer to the field, I realized that the blonde one wasn't a boy, it was a girl.

"Woah, she's good," Harry breathed, saying outloud what I was thinking in my head.

"Please, I could beat her at a game any day. Plus, she scored on the wrong goal," Louis said to us.

"I'm pretty sure that was on purpose, Lou," I said, as I heard the girl say, "game on."