Im not asleep

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing and sighed. I crawled over Ethan and grabbed it from his night stand and answered it before it woke him up to.

"Hello?"
"Hey pumpkin. Did I wake you up?"
"Yeah. But it's fine. I needed to get up anyway."
"So how's California?"
"I thought it was going to be warm here, but it's actually pretty chilly."
"Well honey, it is winter."
"But still, I thought I wouldn't need a coat, so I didn't bring one."
"Well I'm sure Ethan is keeping you plenty warm." She said suggestively, and I had to roll my eyes.
"Anyway, the reason I called you is I need to know when you're supposed to get you're settlement check from the kitchen accident?"
"Uh, they had to send it to the cooperate office to get it finalized, so a week or two, why?" I asked, getting up out of Ethan's bed and walking into the bathroom so I wouldn't wake Ethan up.
"I got the job at Stanford."
"Oh my gosh, are you serious? That's fantastic."
"They want me start this semester. I'll be the head of the entire math department."
"So, you've got a month to move to California?"
"I'm moving to California now with Journi. Your dad is going to stay in Virginia with Lacey so she can finish out the school year before moving."
"So why did you need to know when I got my check?"
"You night have to pay for the rest of the year for yourself, since I'm having to move so early, I didn't have time to put aside money for a house, even though they are giving me a stipend, so..."
"So you want to use my tuition money to help pay for the house," I sighed. "Yeah that's fine. I don't think I own but $200 for the rest of the semester. I was going to use the rest of the tuition money to start laying off the loans, but it's whatever."
"As soon as the university starts paying me, I'll put the money back into the account."
"Okay." I said, running my hand through my hair. "This is exciting."
"I know. Well I've got to go and try to find a house for us on the Internet. I love you."
"Love you too."

I hung up the phone and decided since I was already in here, I might as well take a shower and get ready for the day.

"Why are you awake?" Ethan asked after a few minutes, walking into the bathroom.

"My mom called me." I said sticking my head out of the shower. "She got the job at Stanford."

"Wait, the Stanford in California?" He asked, leaning against the wall.

"No. The Stanford in Australia." I rolled my eyes, closing the shower door back. "Yes the one here in California."

"So you're moving here?"

"Well after I graduate in May, I'll probably come back out here, and just get certified to teach here. I'm pretty sure I only have to take a test instead instead of having to go back to school and do it all again."

"Stanford's what, five hours from here?" He asked. I poked my head back out the shower door and looked at him.

"I think so yeah."

"I mean, this is just a win/win situation for everyone isn't it?"

"It sure is." I smirked. "Are you going to stand out there or are you going to join me?"

...............

"I want another tattoo." I said, out of nowhere. We were just laying here on the couch watching tv.

"You want me to call my guy? He could be here in an hour or two." He said, turning his head from where he was laying on my chest, to look at me.

"Uh, yeah." I said laughing. "I wish that worked on my mom."

"You want anything else?" He asked getting his phone out and texting his tattoo guy.

"Ooh. You don't want to go down that road. There's a lot of things I want." I joked.