We'll see about that

Day 4

Ethan's POV

"Where on this campus do you guys eat?" I asked, walking out of Haley's room and into the living room where Ally and Grayson were sitting.

"I think he means, 'I want to go see Haley at work, where is that at?'" Grayson said laughing.

"No," I lied, "I'm just hungry."

"Well if you guys want to go get food, you need to put your frat boy outfits back on." Ally said, standing up.

"But they make us look like douchebags." I said, crossing my arms across my chest.

"And I don't want it to look like I'm dating a douche bag, but here we are." She said, shrugging on her coat.

"Then why are you dating a douchebag?" I asked.

"It's not like I'm dating you." She said, smugly.

"Whatever."

.................

We walked in and no one seemed to notice that it was us, which was good. I didn't figure many people would anyway, I mean college students have other stuff to worry about.

"What station is Haley at?" Ally asked the person working the cash register.

"Breakfast bar." She said pointing around the corner. Ally nodded and her and Grayson walked off in the opposite direction, towards where all the food was.

I however walked in the direction that the cashier pointed. Haley was looking down at the grill making something for the person sitting in front of her so I took a seat at one of the high chairs and waited for her to notice me. Once sitting down, I noticed that she was making omelets. Who eats eggs this late at night, it's like 6:30? She glanced up quickly at me and then went back to put the omelet on a plate.

"You know," she said handing it to the person. "If you want to go incognito, you really should have done something about your jawline."

"You've been the only person to notice. Maybe it's because you spend too much time looking at my face." I said, playing with the salt shaker in front of me.

"Do you want an omelet?" She asked, ignoring what I said, even though her cheeks had a slight hint a pink to them that wasn't there before.

"Sure." I said looking at all the toppings. "Can I get everything?"

"Yeah." She said. "I don't have any dairy free cheese though."

"That's okay. I don't need cheese." I said, smiling.

She finished up the omelet and put it on a plate, hanging it to me.

"Did Ally and Grayson come with you?" She asked, leaning against the counter.

"Yeah," I said taking a bite. "They went that way."

I pointed in the direction of the other side of the room and she nodded.

"This is really good." I said, taking another bite.

"They're better with cheese though." She pouted. "I miss cheese."

I laughed a little and sighed. "It gets easier to not miss after a while."

"I've been doing the no dairy thing for two years now, I still miss cheese. And cream cheese." She said looking up. "Oh, hey Brandon."

I turned around to see what she was looking at and it was this fairly decent looking guy. He kind of looked a little nerdy though.

"Hey." He said taking a seat at one of the bar chairs.