I'll take it

Day 3

Ethan's POV

Do I like children? Yes. Do I know that women are biological more attracted to men who are good with kids? Also yes. Did any of these questions circle in my head when Haley's baby sister wanted to do my makeup? Oh absolutely.

"Purpur." She said dipping her really pig brush in the purple, and surrounding shades. "Yips."

She held the brush in front of my lips and I puckered so she could put it on my lips.

"Dude I can't believe you're letting a two year old put makeup on you to impress a girl." Grayson said leaning over towards me. Ally had gone to class so it was just the four of us here. Haley didn't go to class today, well, for obvious reasons.

"We filmed a whole video with a two year old for you to impress yours, shut up."

"Gason, you cheeks?" Journi asked, turning her head to the side and smiling. Haley and I both turned to look at him.

"No thank you Journi." He said, and I swear if looks could kill he would be a dead man because Haley was glaring at him.

"Did you just tell my sister, a two year old, a baby, no?" She asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Yeah dude, you don't tell a baby no. Especially when they're this cute." I said, tickling Journi's belly.

"Gason, yous makeup?" She asked again.

"Sure Journi." He said, giving in. She giggled and moved so she was standing in front of him. This gave me the opportunity to stand up and stretch my legs, and to also check on Haley to see how she was doing because she's been looking at her phone about every two minutes.

I walked up bedside her, and leaned against the side of the counter.

"Is everything okay at the hospital?" I asked.

"What? Oh yeah. My dad's fine. It's just, family drama now." She said, picking her phone back up and furiously texting.

"What's going on? If you don't mind me asking."

"My dad regretted to mention to his mom, brother, and two of his sisters that he was having surgery but he told the youngest sister. And somehow my grandma found out and now her and my uncle are on their way to the hospital to bless him, my aunt Nikki, and my mom out."

"Bless them out?" I asked, not too sure what that meant.

"Oh it's basically is like, I guess, let them have it?" She said, smiling lightly. "So that means me and pumpkin are staying here instead of going to the hospital and my mom is going to pick her up tomorrow."

"So another sleepover?" I asked. She nodded. "However, I think me and Journi should switch spots tonight. She can sleep on the air mattress and you can cuddle me instead."

"Don't push it Dolan." She said, reaching up and ruffling my hair. "I get to see my baby sister once a month, if that."

"Yeah, I get that." I said, grabbing her hand that was in my hair and holding it it down by our sides. "But what I'm hearing, is that we can cuddle after she goes back with your mom."

"I can't say no, so can I say maybe? I have to work tomorrow night and I don't know how I'll feel yet." She said, lightly smiling again. I really thought that I was going to have to work harder than that.

"I'll take it." I said smiling.

Haley's POV

"Alright pumpkin, we've got to go to Walmart." I said walking over to the couch and sitting beside Grayson so I could see what Journi was doing.

"No. Inna stay wif my Gason." She said, throwing her arms around Grayson's neck.

"That's not your Grayson, that's Ally's Grayson." I said, grabbing the blush brush out of her hand and putting it back in the jar with the other brushes.

I picked her up by her arms and walked with her over to the counter so I could sit her down and put her shoes on.

"No." She screamed, grabbing onto my messy bun and pulling it.

"No ma'am." I says grabbing her hand and giving it a light smack so she'd let go, also because she's not supposed to pull people's hair. This only caused her to hit me back.

"Do you wanna go stand in the corner, because that's where you're headed Journi." I said, grabbing her coat and putting it on her, zipping it up before she had the chance to take it off.

She shook her head and pouted.

"Alright, come on." I said, picking her back up and placing her on my hip. She started my to kick her legs and hitting me.

"No. Effin, Effin help." She screamed in my ear. I swear, she better take a nap in the car or I'm not going to be able to handle her. She then started to reach across me to grab for Ethan.

"Ethan's not going to help you Journi." I said, sighing, just wanting to go to Walmart and get her some more pull ups and something to wear tomorrow.

"I. Want. Effin!" She screamed. I turned to look at him and he nodded.

"Hey, how about I take you down to the car?" He said, grabbing her from me. Thank you, I mouthed to him. He nodded and walked out the front door.

"Grayson, do you want to go?" I asked, before walking out the door.

"No, I'm just going to wait for Ally." He said, looking up from his phone.

"Alright." I said, walking out of the door and closing it.

I ran down the stairs and out to my Jeep, where Ethan already had Journi bucked into her car seat. I got into the driver seat and grabbed his shoulder lightly.

"Thank you." I said, making direct eye contact with him. "She gets like this from time to time when I try to put her in the car. I think it's because she thinks I'm going to leave and not be around for a long time again. I'm already dreading tomorrow. Fair warning, I may cry."

"Well, I have two shoulders for that reason." He said smiling and grabbing him hand reassuringly.

It was in the moment that I realized that I probably wasn't going to make it to the end of the ten days without falling for him.

Hey y'all. Ummm, that's all I got

Love you 💗💗💗