∙chapter 25

⎮Midtown High- 1 Month Later⎮

"I'm so excited," Ned states from his seat beside Peter in the auditorium where we are waiting to head to the field trip. I was sitting in Harry's lap, which was surprisingly comfortable.  Harry lets out a soft groan against my shoulder and I run my thumb over his fingers to soothe him.

"I'm just hoping nothing too crazy happens," Peter mumbles, still sending daggers at how Harry and I were sitting but there weren't enough seats for all of us to sit together. Pietro was aswell although Wanda had got him to stop for now. 

"I think my crisis journal is going to be filled after today," MJ states making everyone chuckle. "Especially if Evie ends up meeting your Dad," MJ says turning toward Harry and I who both stiffen.

"Let's hope he's not around because I don't want to put Evie through that," Harry says putting a hand on my waist. "Besides he told me he probably won't be there he has some big meeting that he's been really excited about," Harry informs us making me perk up, my mind nagging me that something important would go on today, making me think of the conversation I had at breakfast with my family.

⁃⁃⁃

(This Morning)

"You want us to wear coms and you want me to take a cable for just in case purposes?" I ask my father and Natasha in disbelief as we were eating breakfast. Peter was giving my dad the same look while Wanda and Pietro were just more focused on their breakfast.

"I don't think anything is going to happen but Osborn has been awfully giddy lately and I've never liked that guy. I think he's hiding something." Dad states as he downs his second cup of coffee. Natasha hums in agreement.

"Guys we aren't saying scope the place, we're saying if you see something use the coms that Tony and Bruce will be monitoring," Natasha states as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

"I'm going to my boyfriend's father's job. Don't you think it will be suspicious if I'm talking with a com from next to him?" I ask incredulously making Natasha and my dad both snort.

"Guys please, just in case okay?" Dad asks looking very nervous. "I also would like the extra security measure, I've never trusted Osborn at all, he was a slimeball when he first came on the scene and hasn't changed."  He defends his actions making all of us kids look at each other, silently communicating before we simultaneously sigh. 

"Fine, but I'm going to laugh when nothing happens," I say making Peter nod in agreement.

"I agree, my mom and Richard worked for them for like years before the accident," Peter states making Natasha and my Dad share another look that didn't go unnoticed by Wanda and I. 

⁃⁃⁃

"Evie, we gotta go," Harry says shaking me out of my thoughts. I smile at him sheepishly, getting up from his lap and intertwining our fingers as we head toward the school bus. The rest of our group was waiting for us, luckily we all got put on the same bus with the rest of the Academic Decathalon team and  Mr.Harrington's other class.