∙chapter 2

⎮Hellicarrier- same day⎮

Following Steve down the hallway to go show Dad my schoolwork. Steve engages me in a conversation about school and the subjects I'm learning. 

"I just finished learning about World War II. " I say to Steve. "Since I do everything online, I have more options for my essays and I wrote one about you, I was even able to mention my grandfather.. to Dad's displeasure," I say making Steve chuckle. He opens his mouth to answer but he's interrupted by a shout of an 'OW'  that sounds like Dr.Banner.S teve motions for me to stay behind him, running into the lab where Dr.Banner and my father are.  We see Dr.Banner holding his arm and Dad holding an electromagnetic shocker. 

"Hey! Are you nuts?" Steve says sternly toward Dad, walking closer to them. I stay back by the doorway, leaning against it. Dad rolls his eyes and ignores him, looking at Dr.Banner.

"You really have got a lid on it, haven't you?" Dad asks Bruce referring to the Hulk. "What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?" Dad questions trying to figure out what keeps him so calm. I chuckle at all of the suggestions Dad states besides the last one. I look at Dad confused.

"Weed?" I question with a slight tone of disbelief. Dad looks at me sternly, finger pointed at me. 

"Something you'll never touch or I'll ground you till you're married," Dad says sternly before turning back to Bruce.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asks annoyed although I can tell that he likes my Dad already. They go back and forth and I groan rolling my eyes.

"Oh my god." I mutter under my breath. "Just date already, you two are exhausting," I finish muttering to myself, looking down at the ground. The room goes so silent and I hear a cleared throat. Lifting my head, I see Dad staring at me with an upset look on his face.

"Go back to the room Phil showed you, no going into random hallways," Dad says sternly to me. I roll my eyes and my ears pick up him clear his throat. "What was that?" He asks. I sigh and play with my bracelet on my wrist.

"Nothing," I mumble. Dad gives me his stern look and I sigh. "Sorry, I'll go to the room now," I say quietly, leaving the room, hiding behind the door. I stay in the hall, to gather information, and I'm pulled out of my thoughts by hearing Dad mention that he's had Jarvis hack into SHIELD, because of some files. I smirk and run to my room and pull out my laptop, which instantly activates JARVIS. "JARVIS?" I call out.

"Yes, Miss Stark" JARVIS calls out to me.

"Can you get me into SHIELDS files, more specifically those on Agent Amanda Brown?" I ask to JARVIS. He doesn't respond but instead, a file comes up on my computer making me look at my screen in shock.

 He doesn't respond but instead, a file comes up on my computer making me look at my screen in shock