∙book two preview∙

⎮Stark Tower-June⎮

"Have you seen Uncle Bucky this morning?" Peter asks as he gets in the elevator to head toward his training sessions with Clint. He normally had them with Clint, Natasha, and Sam but Natasha wouldn't be back until tonight with Yelena, who was coming to finally move some stuff in since our troubles in Norway, Russia, and St.Petersburg. 

"No, I think he had another rough night, I saw Papa on the phone really early this morning when I woke up," I mention, not brushing on the fact that I was up that early because of nightmares. Bucky has been having a hard time adjusting since he moved in, he may not have the trigger words anymore but the soldier's mind is still in there and he can't sleep due to nightmares from what I've overheard. 

"Why were you up so early?" Peter questions, picking up that I was up really early. Since Steve gets typically up around 5, it wouldn't make sense for me to be up since we didn't have school. "Was it a nightmare?" He hesitantly broaches after my stubborn silence for most of the elevator ride. 

"No." I shortly lie as the doors open. He sighs and gives me a searching look, leaving the elevator as I stay inside since I was heading to the rooftop garden to check on the flowers Dad let me plant along with tan for a bit before Natasha and Yelena got back. The doors close again and the rest of the ride is rather quick, ending as the doors open to the garden. I get out and set my bag down on one of the lawn chairs as I quickly make my way over to the garden. I start weeding my flowers and watering them, making sure not to kill them, since it's my first time gardening. 

let it go!!

I jump as my phone blares, the ringtone sounding louder than normal. I pick it up and see that it's an emergency text from Dad telling me to get down to the main floor right away. I quickly put all my stuff in the bag and head back to the elevator, hitting the big home button to take me to my family. 

"What's the emergency Dad?" I pant out as I had run into the kitchen. I frown as I don't see anyone in the kitchen so I walk toward the living room and my face lights up. "UNCLE LOKI!" I yell as I startle everyone else, jumping on top of Loki in a tight hug. 

"Hello, little one," Loki murmurs with a smile, kissing my forehead in greeting. "Your father was just telling me of your latest throws of combat, I am quite proud lille prinsessen." I beam up at his praise, giving him another hug before sitting.

"Where is Uncle Thor?" I ask confused, they normally traveled together. Loki's smile falters slightly and I just notice the other people in the room while looking for Thor. Bucky, Steve, Sam, and Dad were all sitting with Loki, Bucky looked quiet and not happy. Everyone else had looks of concern on their faces. 

"He's handling a lead on the stones, I was summoned by your father." Loki briefly explains, making me look at him curiously. "For reasons unknown to you at the moment, if you need to be filled in later you will be. " He says firmly, a glance to Bucky confirming it had to do with him.