𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 : 𝐚 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐞

Millie's POV~
"I love you, Millie." He muttered as I still tried to catch my breath. But catching my breathing wasn't a problem anymore as I just stopped inhaling all together.

My eyes were wide in disbelief and confusion. I couldn't move my limbs and I couldn't take my eyes off of his.

His eyes darted back and forth at mine, but he didn't look like he was joking. He looked serious.

My heart raced and I couldn't stop it. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to do.

I felt like how people do in movies, their ears ring and all they can hear was their heart beat.

My skin was crawling, everything in my body was stiff.

There was a heavy feeling in my stomach. I was dizzy and felt like I can pass out at any second.

I stared right into his dark eyes without blinking.

My head started pounding and my chest tightened, telling me to take a breath.

He stayed so still, his look never once changing into something else. His face didn't show regret. But sadness? He looked sad.

Finally I inhaled and everything disappeared. My chest unclenched. The pounding in my head went away. The numbness in my limbs changed to tingles. But my whole body felt on fire, but freezing to the touch.

My bottom lip began to quiver as tears flooded my eyes. I closed my mouth, pursing my lips together as I closed my eyes. I shook my head back and forth.

"Why?" My voice cracked, then I sobbed right after.

"Because I do, Millie." He replied, then I opened my eyes.

"Why?" I whimpered. He cupped my cheeks and leaned his forehead on mine.

"Because I do!" He said in a tight voice. I just shook my head back and forth again.

"No!" I cried, grabbing his shoulders and balling up his shirt in my fists.

He pulled back. "Stop shaking your head!" He told me. "Look at me!" He cupped my face, making me stop forcefully.

"You don't love me, Finn." I said, sucking in a sharp breath and letting out a sob. "You don't love me."

"No!" He shouted.

"You don't love me!" I screeched. "You can't!"

"Millie! God, Millie, look at me!" He shouted again.

I stopped fighting back and furrowed my eyebrows at him, waiting for him to say something to change all of what he just said.

"I didn't mean to hurt you." He said, then sighed after.

"Then why did you? Was I really just a dare?" I asked, genuinely wanting just an answer.

"You were just a dare to me, Millie." He said, then I shakily inhaled. "You were." He repeated, making me feel emptier than I did before.

"Why? Why was I just a dare?" I asked, closing my mouth immediately after before I started crying again.

He looked away and down at the floor.

"Why was I just a dare?" I repeated.

"Because I didn't know I'd fall so easily for you!" He shouted, making me flinch from how sincere he sounded. "Falling in love with you was not planned!" He clenched his jaw. "That was the last thing I thought would happen! You were supposed to fall in love with me and then I would break it off!"