forty -six

Hermione screamed, Sirius leapt to his feet, Harry jumped, and Ron screeched, but Rosalie did not flinch. Her eyes grew dark as she watched Snape's wand get closer to Remus' chest.

"How did you know we were here?" She asked.

"The portraits told me you were going to see Lupin, so you can imagine my surprise when you weren't there." He snarled. "Then lying on his desk was a certain map. One glance at it told me all I needed to know; I saw you running along this passageway and out of sight." He went to grab her arm, but she pulled it away quickly. Both were furious with each other, but for very different reasons.

"Severus please -" Remus took a step forward, cutting off the eyesight between Rosalie and Snape.

"Get away from her - werewolf," venom dripped from every word and Rosalie's hand balled into a fist.

"You're making a mistake -"

"I've been telling the headmaster you were helping an old friend back into the castle. He did not believe it, and after a while, I let my guard down. You were helping Rosalie with her magic, she was different - happier - but it won't happen again."

"You fool," Remus said, "do you think I was helping Rosalie just to get her killed?"

BANG. A thin like cord busted from the end of Snape's wand and twisted themselves around Remus' mouth, wrist and ankles.

"Remus!" Rosalie called out as he fell to the floor with a thud. Before she could do anything, Severus grabbed her hand and pulled her behind him. She struggled against his hold, but after all, he was a grown man with far more strength than her.

Severus and Sirius bickered between each other, but she did not listen. Rosalie was not bothered that he grabbed her but that she could not help Remus who struggled on the floor bound up. She wanted to untangle him but knew no spell to undo what Snape had conjured; she was worried she would hurt him more.

After a few moments, she realised physically fighting against her godfather was useless. "Severus listen to me!" she tried to reason.

"I suggest you shut it!" He barked back quickly. "You are already facing suspension with the others."

"But you don't understand," she cried.

"And you do?" His voice raised as their eyes met. "You are a stupid, naive little girl who thinks she knows everything-"

"Don't talk to my daughter like that!"

The bickering restarted between the two and Rosalie began growing angry. She stayed silent as her blood began to boil. Harry joined the argument, and Remus still struggled against the binds. Her palms began to bleed from her nails, digging in so harshly. Her desperate wide eyes became dark and small, and the panic had disappeared. Constant voices were countering each other, bouncing off the old planks that made the shack, but they were muffled to her ears.

"Don't ask me to understand the mind of a werewolf." was the last and only sentence she heard before her ears rang out.

"SHUT UP!" Her voice boomed. Rosalie's arms raised and a flash of light blinded everyone as they fell to the floor. The whole shack rattled, the door flew off its hinges and Snape was blasted into the closest wall. He fell to the floor unconscious, blood dripping down his head.

No one dared to speak or move as Rosalie's eyes were blood red and hair black like her fur when she was Noire. Her head snapped to Remus whose binds loosened, allowing him to escape them. He was quick to his feet and rubbed the marks around his sore wrists.

"No more arguing," her voice was calmer than expected, but it was still stern enough that no one was going to challenge her. "Ron," the boy squealed, "give me the rat."