twenty-three

Rosalie found herself in the pouring rain at the stands, staring out at the Quidditch field. Remus tried to get her to take the umbrella but she refused, it was wrong of her to take something that was his. Neville stood next to her, shivering under his hood, his teeth chatter nearly as loud as the patter of the rain.

"Do - you - think - we - will - win?" Neville tried to speak, though each word his teeth chattered together. Rosalie looked up to the sky the best she could without getting rain in her eyes and then turned to Neville with a nod.

"They've got this."

The crowd roared as the two teams came out. She could see Harry at the back of the line, the smallest of them all, his hair flattened and clothes drenched.

She remembered back to earlier that day, she had a small pep talk with him. He was nervous, more than usual. She told him everything would be okay and he'd do great, though seeing the weather, she grew nervous herself. She loved her brother, he was the only family she truly had for 17 years and she wouldn't know what to do if she lost him or if he got hurt.

The crowd grew quiet as they waited for the game to start. Madam Hooch told both teams to before careful before throwing the quaffle in the air, starting the game. None of the spectators could hear the announcer, it sounded muffled, the rain cancelling the sound out. Hermione and Ron joined the side of Rosalie and Neville, they all cheered together as points were scored from Gryffindor, and all muttered annoyed when Hufflepuff did. Rosalie wondered how the seekers were ever going to find the snitch, she could barely see the players let alone and small flying ball.

Rosalie mainly kept her attention of the quaffle, keeping score of the game in mind as she couldn't see the scoreboard, but everyone once in a while her eyes would search for Harry, making sure he was okay. Though every time she did look at him, he seemed to be flying around mindlessly, dodging the Bludger and looking for the snitch. The match was going on for far too long, and people were starting to wonder if it would ever end.

"I think they found the snitch!" Screamed Dean from behind, everyone's eyes looked for the Harry and Cedric, who both bolted quickly upwards. Rosalie stayed quiet as everyone else cheered, her hairs stood on end and a horrible feeling fell in the pit of her stomach as her brother disappeared into the clouds. Rosalie was frozen, her eyes never moving from the sky, first Cedric came falling down, everyone gasped but he seemed to quickly recover and get back on his broom before hitting the ground. Rosalie felt sick.

"He's been up there too long..." She tried to say, but it came out as a low mumble. Neville took her hands into his as he saw her worried.

"He's going to be okay," he tried to comfort her, but she ignored him, not even looking at him.

"Come on Harry, come on..." She mumbled again. Time seemed to slow down. The cheering, the announcer, the rain all became muffled and distorted in Rosalie's ears. The piercing scream of her mother entering her ears once more. Her breath got caught in her throat as her eyes witness her younger brother freefalling. She wanted to yell and scream his name but she was frozen watching. The noise around her stopped as he continued falling, she watched painfully, unable to do anything. 

Then everything became a blur. Harry didn't hit the floor but Rosalie still ran down the stairs and to the field, no one able to grab her to stop her. She pushed past everyone, her hood down and her hair flinging across her own face.

"HARRY!" She was able to scream, the first words that came out of her mouth since she saw him falling. He laid on the floor in the middle of the pitch, pale and lifeless. She screamed his name again, running towards him, but she didn't get to him. Fred wrapped his arm around her, pulling against her force and pulled her into him. She tried to fight him, continuously calling her brother's name, hoping he'd answer her, move, anything to show he was alive. Fred struggled to hold her but eventually, Rosalie gave up fighting and fell to her knees, her eyes still on Harry who hadn't moved, Fred fell to his knees with her, never letting her go.