four

"Rosalie!" The twins called as the girl walked into the great hall. She gave a wave as she walked over to them.

"Twins." She responded sitting down next to them. "Rather early isn't it for you two?" The hall was rather empty at that moment due to how early it was. Despite her love for the night she also loved getting up early. She found to be at most peace during both periods, probably because it meant there were not many people around.

"Yes you're right it is rather early." Fred started.

"But, we woke up specifically to show you this." George finished as he revealed a wand and placed it on the table. Rosalie raised an eyebrow.

"You wanted to show me a wand?" She questioned the boys. 

"It's not just any wand though is it Fred?"

"No you're right it is not just a normal wand. We call it the Trick Wand"

 The boys grinned ear to ear, obviously pleased with their invention, causing Rosalie to smirk with them.

"What does it do? Like when you use it? Does it fire back spells like Ron's wand did last year?"

"Don't worry about it now Rose, you'll see very soon." With that, the two boys put anyway their 'Trick Wand' as the hall started to fill with students. She sat in silence as most of her friends started to sit at the table and started to munch on their breakfast. But Rosalie wasn't hungry, she just sat and listened to the conversations that went on around her. Her eyes scanned the area, to only have herself realise she was looking up at the teachers' table. There Dumbledore sat proudly as he ate his breakfast delicately. Dumbledore had been so nice to Rosalie, yet she couldn't help but have a little grudge on him. He was the most powerful wizard yet for some reason not even he could or would explain to her why she was called three years too late to Hogwarts. It infuriated her, but how could she possibly hate him when he obviously does try to help whenever he could. Her eyes scanned further down the table to see Lupin at the very end. He was focused on trying to cut some bacon before looking up and meeting eyes with Rosalie. She gave him a light wave and smile, to what he nodded and smiled in reply. Thinking back to last night, Rosalie thought of how nice it was for Remus to do what he did for her. She knew for sure any other teacher would have given her a detention straight up. Maybe it was because he was new and didn't understand the rules yet or maybe he was just a lot nicer than everyone else. As her mind wandered off timetables started to get passed around the hall.

"Here ya go, third-year timetables." George mused giving her the sheet. She groaned loudly looking at it.

"Can't I just skip Divination? It seems so useless." She moaned realising this year was just going to get worse. "Why can't they just put me in your year so I skip this bullshit and just do potions and Defense against the dark arts!" She threw her face into her hands making the boys grin.

"Awh our poor little flower." They cooed at her in unison.

"Shut it Weasleys." She muffled through her hands. Annoyance ran through her. Everything in her life felt like bullshit. She was turning 17 in a few months yet she was still learning with 13 year olds. Fred and George were pretty much the only friends she had which was her age.

"For fucks sake." Fred complained, catching Rosalie's attention. He was now looking at his own timetable. "Potions first..." George also groaned hearing the new information.

"Haha!" Rosalie blurted out, taking everyone by surprised. "Karma is a bitch!" She finished by sticking her tongue out at the twins.

"And you're meant to be the older one of the group?" Harry pipped up, giving her a smirk.

"Well if Dumbledore is too keep me in third year then I shall act like one!" She stubbornly replied while crossing her arms over to prove a point.

"So you wouldn't be willing to switch with me? I take your divination if you do my potions?" Her eyes widened at the question, obviously loving the idea.

"No, I mean yes. Yes I would love too! Polly Juice potion? I won't be able to have it ready by today though, but sure as hell will have it ready for next time!" She squealed happily shocking the boys, but only for Draco to ruin the mood.

"Oi Potter!" Draco spat from behind her making her roll her eyes. She was in no mood for such a brat that morning. "Don't ignore me freak! Do you think you're better than me do you? Or are you going to cry again? Or start screaming? or better yet splash me with some water?" Him and his buddies started to laugh while Rosalie tried her best to ignore. She knew the last thing she needed was to get angry and cause herself more attention.

"Leave her alone Draco." Fred threaten, causing Draco to once again laugh with his goons.

"You should really stop protecting the freak Weasley. You're already an embarrassment to the purebloods as it is."

Rosalie squeezed her hands into a fist as she felt the anger start to rise. Her breathing increased, and as she looked up from the table she could see the water in a cup in front start to bubble.

"Rosalie...?" Hermione started but Rosalie ignored and mumbled.

"I'm not having this." before turning around quickly with her wand held high, but to only be faced with a Draco whose mouth had been sealed shut. Her eyes widened at the sight. She didn't cast the spell. Looking to her left she could see the same reaction from the others. Draco started panicking, causing the Gryffindors to laugh.

"I prefer your mouth shut Draco, you should try it more." An unfamiliar voice spoke. Everyone's head whipped to the left to be faced with another girl. Tall, dark long hair with bright blue eyes and to everyone's surprise a Slytherin.  She walked past, confident radiating off her as she gave a nod to Rosalie.

"Do you know her?" Ron questioned.

Rosalie shook her head, her eyes staying on the unknown girl, who walked to the end of the Slytherin table before sitting down. The dark haired girl turned to look up at the teachers table, to only give a slight nod to Professor Lupin, who did the same in return. 

"Who is she?" Rosalie's eyes met Fred's.

"That's Veronica." he started, taking a deep breath before finishing. "Veronica Black."