three

Rosalie plopped herself outside under the single tree which sat next to the lake. The rain continued to come down but was getting lighter as the night went on. The silver moon sat high in the sky giving off the only light. Despite the rain it still shone bright, reflecting off the water below. She kept herself dry by using a spell that made her wand into an umbrella as she watched the ripples in the water that the rain caused as she thought deeply.

She didn't understand the situation she was in. She didn't understand the flashes of images that kept popping into her head. What were they? Why was she seeing them? Why does everything happen to her?

With a deep sigh, she pulled her legs in and curled up into a ball, resting her head on her knees. Maybe she really was a freak. She let the thought circulate in her mind. What would her parents think if they were alive? Would they also consider her a freak?

She felt a tear roll down her face but wiped it away roughly. She was angry. Fed up of everything. Standing up quickly, she stared off into the distance. She felt her blood start to boil as thoughts continued in her mind. Slowly her breaths got deeper and quicker as her hands started to curl into a fist.

Without thinking, Rosalie screamed. She screamed at nothing but the air and water. Her voice echoed throughout the forest which laid not far from her. She stared for a moment before laughing lightly at her action, surprised by how much better she felt. She looked down at the water below, seeing the large waves ripple throughout the lake.

Her head snapped to the right as she heard a noise, completely taking away her track of thought. The young girl gasped loudly at the sight of a large shaggy black dog standing in front of her, making her eyes scan the area. The dog did nothing but stand and watch. Their eyes met, and they stayed fixed on each other. 

"What are you?" She uttered under her breath, realizing its eyes showed more than expected.

"Rosalie!" A different voice announced. Causing Rosalie to turn and look into the darkness which stood in front of her. "Are you okay?"

"Professor Lupin?" She questioned, the light at the end of his wand showed his face.

"I heard a scream. Are you okay?" She took a moment before answering. Glancing around the area to see the dog had disappeared. Feeling bewildered she knitted her eyebrows together. 

"What the-" Her thoughts got cut off by Lupin. 

"Rosalie?" His light shone brightly allowing his face to be shown better. The professor was obviously concerned about the girl. 

"Uh..."  she shook her head as she tried to bring herself back to reality. "Yes, sorry. Just stressed I guess."

Nodding in response the Professor watched the girl. She was shifting as if she was uncomfortable or worried. Her eyes glanced at the floor, avoiding eye contact with the man as she realizes that she is outside past curfew.

 "No," Lupin stated. Her eyes flashed up, perplexed by his comment.

"No what?" She replied with an awkward laugh.

"No, I won't give you detention. Not today anyway." Her eyes widened, not expecting that reply.

"How did yo-"

"Know?" He finished for her. He lightly smiled at her before carrying on. "Sometimes you just wish someone would understand when life is hard, maybe that's them giving you advice or if it just not giving you a detention." Rosalie raised an eyebrow, understanding what he meant but also feeling rather puzzled by it all.

"What I'm trying to say is, you've had a rough day as it is and giving you detention would not help you at all. Let's get you inside and pretend this never happened. Okay?" 

A large smile grew on Rosalie's face as she nodded in return. 

"Thank you, Professor."

At the time of Lupin and Rosalie talking, Snape watched over them from afar. Frustrated by it all. He refused to believe what he was seeing. The last thing he wanted was James Potter's friends to come back and ruin everything he worked so hard to protect.