nineteen

"We know the secret,"

"and we are officially accepting you as our triplet!"

The twins smirked, one each side of Rosalie who sat in the common room reading. It was a few days later and the events of that night were meant to be kept secret, but Percy couldn't seem to keep his mouth shut. 

With a loud, exaggerated huff she closed her book and placed it on lap.

"Secret? Oh, whatever do you mean?" Her voice was a high pitch, emphasising the sarcasm.

"I just can't believe you went and did it without us!" Fred accused plopping himself next to her of the sofa.

"Dropping slime onto Percy and Snape, AT THE SAME TIME!" George followed Fred on the sofa, both large smile of their faces.

"It's simple but genius!"

Yep, that was the so-called secret that was meant to be kept safe. They were the fake secrets anyway. Rosalie had officially been not allowed to play Quidditch anymore, an order of her newfound GodFather Severus Snape. She shivered at the thought, that was something she would have to get used to now, but it didn't mean everyone had to know, in fact, no one else needed to know.

As much as Rosalie hated to admit it, Severus did care for her, lying about the prank was his idea and it was because then the students would praise the young witch for her great prank rather than being mean to her when they found out the truth as it's the reason she's not allowed to be on the Quidditch team no more. She hadn't fully told anyone about the Quidditch situation as she knew how furious Oliver Wood, the team captain would be. He countlessly told the team how important this year was for him as it was his last year to win the cup, and Rosalie arguably was their best player and best chaser of all the houses.

She had spoken with Snape since the incident, or truth reveal or whatever you wanted to call it, at first Rosalie was angry like she always was, but then as they spoke more, an understanding grew between them.

*********************************************************************************************

"WHY DID YOU WAIT UNTIL NOW TO TELL ME? Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" The redhead yelled at the potions master who stood tall in front of her. He could understand her anger so he tired his best not to infuriate it more. He sighed and walked behind his desk, thinking the best way to word everything.

"If I'm honest Rosalie I wanted to. But how could I tell you? When could I have told you? In the many detentions I gave you?"

Rosalie calmed and nibbled on her bottom lip, he had a point, anytime he told her would have been weird and she wouldn't be any less angry about it.

"What about Harry?"

"I'm not his Godfather, only yours."

Rosalie awkwardly scratched her head as she started to pace across the classroom.

"Does he have a godfather?"

Snape eyed the young girl who wouldn't even look at him, he knew the answer. All the teachers did but no one had the heart to tell him, not even him.

"No," he lied. Rosalie continued pacing and started nibbling on her nails. Questions, she had so many questions to ask.

"Why did you tell me now? That you were my godfather? What changed for you to say it now?"

"You became reckless and stupid," he sneered and to his surprise the young girl did not even flinch at his comment, "I did not see the need to tell you earlier because I was always able to keep an eye on you and ensure you were safe as your teacher, but now it doesn't seem enough. It's like you're looking for trouble, just like your father." The last past was a low growl but Rosalie still heard it loud and clear.