seventeen

Professor Dumbledore sent all of the Gryffindors back to the Great Hall, where they were joined ten minutes later by students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, who all looked extremely confused.

Rosalie stood to the side quietly, alone as everyone else socialised on the events that had occurred. The Gryffindors quickly had told all the other houses what had happened and the young girl wasn't sure if everyone was excited or petrified.

"I'm leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge," Dumbledore's booming voice echoed the halls as he spoke to all the students. Rosalie huffed at his comment, seeing Percy stand tall next to him.

"Easy enough to get by..." Rosalie mumbled to herself as she watched Dumbledore flick his wand before leaving the hall. All the chairs and tables moved themselves to the side and the empty flooring filled with hundreds of sleeping bags.

"Rosalie," Harry called across the room signalling her over. She sighed softly as she made her way over to them. She didn't know how she felt with Sirus Black in the castle, but that wasn't what was bothering her so much, how did he, a human make scratches down a painting like that. She was sure it was an animal of sorts that created those marks, and it started a speculation in her head that she didn't like.

"Are you okay?" Hermione whispered as they sat down in their beds. Rosalie simply nodded, not turning to the other witch as her eyes scanned the Great Hall.

"You seem...distracted." She carried on watching Rosalie. It wasn't hard to tell something was definitely on her mind, she was agitated, always moving and her eyes never seemed to leave the doors.

"It's going to be okay Rosalie, we'll be safe here." Harry grabbed her hand trying to comfort her. Rosalie gave him a small smile, she didn't want to let him know the real reason to why she was so agitated. She wasn't afraid of Sirus Black, not if her speculation was correct.

Time went by and despite the Head Boy and Girl continuously telling everyone to sleep, it took a while before anyone actually did. Everyone was gossiping between each other on how Sirius Black got into the castle. All the answers were impossible, both her and Hermione knew that much with all their reading they did in their spare time, but there was something Rosalie did research that Hermione did not, but she was going to keep that information to herself. As the hall quietened down and people started sleeping, Rosalie took her chance.

"Hannah," Rosalie whispered, calling for the Head Girl. The Hufflepuff seventh year turned quickly to see who called for her.

"Yes?" She questioned looking at the redhead.

"This is really embarrassing," Rosalie whispered "but I really need to go to the toilet, I'm on my 'you know'" She shot her eyes downwards, trying to hint to the Hufflepuff girl but she only raised an eyebrow to her. Rosalie internally rolled her eyes "I'm on that time of the month, I need to go, now!"

Rosalie got impatient as she could see Percy from the corner of her eye approaching them.

"Oh, that..." The Hufflepuff girl thought on what to do as she looked around.

"Please..." Rosalie insisted and the Hufflepuff nibbled on her lip before finally nodding. Hannah quickly told Percy what she was doing and Rosalie watched nervously, Percy wasn't too fond of the young witch who often caused trouble for him in the last few years. After a few moments of Percy giving a dark glare to her, he finally nodded and walked over to her.

"I'm coming as well," he simply commented as he walked pass Rosalie, nodding for her to get up and go. Severus Snape had specifically told Percy to keep an eye out on the young witch and he did not want to let the Professor down.