o n e*

Four Hogwarts students and another man by the name of R.J.Lupin -according to Hermione Granger- sat together quietly on the Hogwarts Train. The two girls, Hermione Granger and Rosalie Potter were reading books and sat next to each other on the right-hand side of the carriage. To Rosalie's dismay, she had to sit next to the random man who was also in the carriage. She lost the muggle game of rock, paper, scissors to Hermione for it. At first, she tried her best to stay as close to Hermione as possible, not wanting to be too close to the man; but after a while, she was too engaged in her book to care anymore.

The two boys, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, were sitting opposite the two girls and had sweets piled up on their legs and chair; both wrapped and unwrapped. They talked between themselves -Ron's mouth always being full with chocolate- and continued the conversation about Sirius Black. It was discussed by the four of them earlier in the journey. Rosalie and Harry had to explain to their friends that Sirius Black - the mass murderer who escaped Azkaban recently- was after them. Why? They weren't sure themselves, but they told their friends it was best to keep the information between themselves for now.

As time went by the boys started to get bored; there wasn't much else to tell about their summer. Ron had already told Harry everything about his time in Egypt and Harry told everything he could about his and Rosalie's summer, which was in fact, boring as neither did much. Expect for the fact that Rosalie accidentally made their Aunt into a giant balloon which flew away into the sky, unfortunately though; she got back down safely.

"Rosalie," Ron began, causing the redhead to look up at him. "What are you reading?" She gave a smile and shut the book; ensuring to keep her thumbs inside to not lose her page, before turning it to show him the front.

"Spells and Potions for Defense Against the Dark Arts!" She read aloud for him. "Thought I'd try to get a head start this year."

"Why?" Ron questioned. Rosalie grimaced as he once again spoke with his mouth full but answered with a smile nonetheless.

"Can you blame me? Our Defence Against the Dark Arts teachers always suck." Or try to kill us. She thought but didn't voice it; she didn't need to think about anyone else trying to kill the Potters that year. "And Sirius Black is coming after us. I want to be prepared just in case he does." Despite Rosalie trying to cover up the dark comment with a smile, everyone could feel the atmosphere around them tense up.

"We're going to be in Hogwarts, Rosalie. Sirius Black won't be able to get in. Dumbledore would never let him." Hermione spoke up.

"I know, I just don't see the harm in getting a head start." Rosalie's smile stayed on her face as she went into deep thought. That wasn't the only reason she was reading the book. Rosalie Potter was sixteen years old and was turning seventeen in the next few months. That meant she was three years older than the trio but was still in the same year as them and that annoyed her. Fred and George would know so much more than Rosalie despite them being the same age. She wanted to know more, learn more and do more with magic. All teachers told her how powerful and intelligent she was, yet she still could only do year three magic when she should be doing year six. She never understood why she didn't get her Hogwarts letter at eleven years old.

"Sure...Of course, no one's ever broken out of Azkaban before, and he's a raving, murderous lunatic..." Ron stated, taking Rosalie out of her deep thought. Harry and Hermione were quick to glare at Ron, but Rosalie gave a light laugh, she could always trust Ron to lighten the mood.

"I'm going to find Fred and George. See you in a bit." Rosalie stood and made her way to the compartment door, only for her to be jolted back as the compartment rattled. She lost her balance and fell, landing hard against the wall. The lanterns started flickering as the train began slowing down.