eleven

"ROSALIE!" Harry's voice yelled in the distance.

"HARRY!" She yelled back.

"WHERE ARE YOU?" She started to run towards Harry's voice, but everything was pitch black. Almost like she was running in a void of nothingness.

"ROSALIE! HELP!" Another voice echoed through the darkness. She felt herself starting to panic.

"WHERE ARE YOU?" She replied, spinning around trying to see any sign of anyone.

"OVER HERE!" Despite the echo throwing of the location of where the voice came from, she started to run.

"IM COMING!" She screamed, seeing a door up ahead, it stood alone in the darkness as sounds seemed to come from inside it. Barging into the door quickly, she fell through, landing hard onto the ground. Groaning in pain she slowly raised herself to her feet.

Rubbing her head she looked around, the door had disappeared behind her. She was in a small, dark hallway, pictures hung on the walls, showing a happy family of four. Mum, dad, a young toddler and a baby.

Admiring the photos, she quickly realised it wasn't any family, it was her own.

"What th-" The sound of a baby crying cut her off. She followed the sound, trying to avoid making any noise as she walked. The crying intensified, it sounded like a woman was trying to calm it down. Rosalie assumed the women was her mother, and the baby her little brother.

Finally arriving at the room, she peaked her head inside, and she was correct. Her mother stood in the middle of the room, holding baby Harry in her arms, cooing him lightly as he cried. Lily's - Rosalie's mother - eyes were red and puffy.

Had she been crying? Rosalie wandered, watching the scene in front of her unravelling.

"Mummy, where is daddy?" Her attention got caught by the young toddler, her eyes widened at the realisation that she was looking at her younger self.

"Don't you worry honey, he'll be back in a second. Just got to wait here." Lily hummed back to her daughter, a small smile spread across her face.

A sudden yell took everyone by surprise, a green light filled the hallway causing Lily to panic. She shut the door aggressively, quickly putting Harry and younger Rosalie into a cot.

Rosalie watched as the door swung open revealing the one and only Voldemort. Her eyes widened realising what night she was witnessing. Voldemort raised his wand and both you and Lily screamed.

"MUM!" Rosalie screamed sitting up from her bed covered in sweat. Breathing heavy she realised it was only a dream. Her eyes scanned the room, it was still night time, luckily she had not woke anyone up.

Walking into the bathroom she stared into the mirror. Her eyes red and puffy and hair an absolute mess. Opening the tap she cupped cold water into her hands before splashing it onto her face. She was definitely not going back to sleep anytime soon.

Grabbing her shoes and invisibility cloak she left the dorms to roam the castle. Harry and she switched days on who to have it but often it was Rosalie, Harry knowing she enjoyed roaming the castle at night. Her mind wandered as she walked around. Her wand under her cloak lighting the way.

Her mind seemed to be so stressed and confused that walking around seemed the only way to stay calm and to avoid the nightmares. After everything that happened that day, her mind couldn't seem to settle.

Lupin did seem like the only person who was able to keep her calm. She felt oddly protected and calm being around him, he made her feel safe.

Whispers caught her attention. Who else would be roaming the castle at this time? She thought.

Rosalie followed the whispers and to her surprise, she found Professor Snape and Lupin. Snape had a quick glance around before telling Remus to follow him. Out of curiosity, she followed them down into the dungeons and into Snape's room. Remus had a quick look outside before shutting the door.

The silence didn't last long before Remus spoke.

"Rosalie came to my lesson today." He started.

Snape and Rosalie both stunned by his comment. She stayed in the corner of the classroom, to ensure she didn't give away she was there.

Snape didn't reply, he seemed deep in thought as he walked behind his desk.

"I don't understand..." He mumbled.

" I thought you gave her a potion she wouldn't be able to complete in time?!" Remus surprised the young witch with his aggressive tone.

"I thought I did!" Snape snapped back to him, his hands placed onto his desk, obviously in deep thought.

As it became silent it gave a chance for her to wonder why she was the main topic of the conversation. Did Lupin not want her in his class?

Snape broke the silence.

"Did you allow her to do the boggart?"

Remus reluctantly nodded, guilt building up inside him. Snape hit his desk hard with his hand, making Rosalie jump. Why was he like this?

"The plan was for her not to do the boggart!" He was furious with the Defence Against the Art Teacher.

"I didn't want her to, trust me I didn't. But she asked to do it, I didn't feel I had the right to deny her it!"

The room grew silent once more. Snape staring down at the floor, his mind in deep thought, while guilt looked like it was eating Lupin up.

"I care for her as well." Remus finally mumbled, catching the attention of both Snape and Rosalie. Shaking his head Snape once again stood up and walked in front of his desk.

"What did she see?"

"Exactly what you expected. It was her brother, and friends...dying, and she couldn't help them. You were right." Remus spoke quieter than before, thinking about it seemed to upset him.

Snape looked furious.

"Was she able to do it? Cast the spell?" He demanded, eyeing Lupin, waiting for an answer.

Lupin shifted uncomfortably under Snape's stare before shaking his head.

"I had to step in, she froze..."

Snape shook his head, almost disappointed in the young witch who watched. She felt disappointed in herself too, upset that she couldn't be the powerful witch she wanted to be.

"She has the potential to be an extremely powerful witch, Severus," Remus stated to him, seeing his disappointment.

"That's what I'm worried about." He muttered before standing up and walking over to him.

"We have to keep an eye on her, make sure she can keep control of it." Lupin nodded in return as he walked over to the door. Their conversation seeming to be over.

"One last thing," Remus started. "What potion did you get Rosalie to make? It seemed she didn't want to let me know."

Snape and Rosalie were both taken back by his question, it was true she didn't want to let him know, she just didn't know why.

"Nothing particularly important, just something I'd thought would be hard enough not to complete." He lied, but Remus gave one last nod before walking off and out the door.

Rosalie didn't move as she watched her Potions Master, who looked distraught.

"I promise Lily, I'll look after her." He muttered to himself before walking off himself.

Snape knew my mother?