thirty three

Rosalie walked back to the common room that night feeling bleak. Had she done something wrong? Remus had never shut her out like that before. Her stomach twisted and her heart ached thinking about it. Severus had to ruin it. If he just waited five more seconds, she and Remus would have kissed. She felt her cheeks heat up. Rosalie had known for a while she felt something towards Remus. Not that it was a surprise, she spent much of her time with him over the last few months, but she never thought anything of it. Why would she? Despite them having a different relationship compared to others, he was still her teacher. Now she felt stupid. He was her teacher. Her actions were incredibly inappropriate; no wandered he had asked her to leave. How could she think he'd feel the same? He was her teacher, and that's all it was, that's all it would ever be.

Rosalie shook her head, disappointed in her self when she entered the common room. The shouting of Ron entering her ears instantly. Rosalie groaned. What was wrong now? Ron and Harry stood in the corner of the common room, and before she could say anything, Hermione had sprinted off up the stairs, hysterically crying.

"What happened?" Rosalie questioned, approaching the two boys who turned to face her.

"Hermione's cat killed Scabbers!" Ron squealed. Rosalie raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry?" Rosalie was not sure why he was so upset, she was sure Ron hated Scabbers. "Are you sure, though? It seems a little random."

"Yes! Her stupid cat has been after Scabbers since the beginning of the year! It finally got him and killed him!"

Rosalie tried to put the pieces together. "So, why was Hermione crying?"

"Because she won't bloody admit it!"

Rosalie sucked her teeth. "What do you think?" Harry shifted from side to side under her stare.

"It does make sense..." He mumbled uncomfortably. Rosalie did not agree and walked past the boys.

"Of course she'd take Hermione's side," Rosalie heard Ron mumbled, and she was quick to turn to him. She stood on the stairs and towered over him; he cowered under her glare.

"You made her cry, Ronald! If her cat ate your rat or not, it does not give you the right to upset her! You didn't even care for the rat, and suddenly you do because you think her cat ate it. Get over it! It was way past its time anyway!" Rosalie snapped before making her way back to her dorm room. Ronald went pale, and his older brothers laughed at him.

Rosalie entered the dorm to sound of Hermione muffled cries. Rosalie bit her bottom lip as she watched from afar, standing at the door frame. She was not the best when it came to comforting others.

"You can't be crying over something Ron has said," She started, walking over to her friend. Rosalie sat down next to Hermione, whose head lifted. She gave a weak smile and wiped her tears away using the palm of her hands.

"He's just so-" she tried to answer through her tears, but she could not find the right word to describe him.

"He's an idiot. I don't even know why he cares so much. The rat was far past his due date-"

"And missing a toe," Hermione added.

"Missing a toe?" Hermione nodded, and Rosalie laughed.

"Only you'd spot that." They stayed silent for a moment, Hermione's sobs breaking it. "You could just use your time turner and figure out what actually happened." Hermione looked to Rosalie wide-eyed. "You thought I wouldn't figure it out?"

"I guess if anyone were to figure it out, it would be you." Hermione smiled as she wiped away her tears.

Rosalie returned to her bed, and the two girls spent most of the day and night catching up with each other. Both had been so busy that neither had talked since Christmas. Rosalie kept information about herself limited, leaving out her almost kiss and growing crush on their DADA teacher. Hermione though seemed to be happy that she could finally speak with a friend about everything that was happening with the time turner. Hermione even told Rosalie she tried to convince Mcgonagall to give her a Time-Turner too, but Rosalie interrupted before the younger which could continue. Rosalie already knew she would not be trusted with such a thing. Despite her being extremely intelligent, she did cause far too much mischief.