30 | ASTRAL

Author's POV

"Now what?" Yeonjun finally participated in the conversation, at the verge of giving up, not saying that he already had any hope in the first place.

He had been burning in the astral world, what if he was already dead? All of this brisk labor would go in vain if that'd be the case but trying didn't hurt, that's why he willingly made an attempt to give it another chance, what if fate had prepared some surprises for him?

"Wait for sunrise, it's at 6:00 a.m. so we have to wait for another hour. That's all we can do," Seohyun commented.

Eunha glumly wilted her head because of the weariness in her body, her body demanding rest due to the fatigue and lack of energy. Her eyes would flutter open suddenly when she dozed off and Yeonjun noticed that, his heart becoming warm and tender with sentiments.

He took his only sweater off and spread it over Eunha's petite shoulders. When she registered what he was doing, a genuine playful smile crept on her face while her eye lids were half open. She attempted on snuggling her face into his chest until she realized that this was not on the plan.

Attaining an appropriate distance while coughing fakely, she forced her eyes open and if it was up to her, she'd stick tape with them so that she doesn't end up sleeping again.

She tried her best to stay awake and so did the others until the fruitful wait brought sunrise to their embrace and they could finally set off with one hour to spare.

"Let's go now!" Eunha weakly yelled as the others followed her stride along the concrete paths while the weather was still pleasantly cloudy.

Seohyun kept on guiding them where the tree houses might be until one of them caught her eye. "There!" she screamed as everyone stayed alert.

There was a red tree house a few meters away that was found by Seohyun's eagle like vision. Yeonjun raced to the ladder leading to the tree house and started climbing on it, carefree of the injuries he might suspect if he fell.

When he reached the top, he peeked in and then froze for a moment.

"What is it?" Soobin asked him anxiously while waving.

Yeonjun returned with a dejected face, shaking his head that there was nothing in the tree house but a television.

"Don't worry, there's more" Eunha alleged while glancing at another tree house that was painted purple, present at a short distance.

Why were they not looking for the ones with red graffiti upon them? That's because they couldn't rely on one dream/vision for someone's life.

They snaked their way to that tree house as well, hopefully climbing up to it to find a trace of Yeonjun, but rudely receiving nothing of much use but litter.

Heavily sighing, they dropped their shoulders, at the peak of exceeding their perimeters by giving up because nothing was offering a beacon of hope, their staminas decreasing and hearts sinking with the passage of time.

The light was slowly pushing through the dense clouds, making a brighter day with which came a greater hope as they noticed another tree house, the last one in the city.

With detaining hopes, Yeonjun didn't move an inch further because he knew that his life was a waste. His 4 years would now be accorded with an extension till eternity. Eunha looked at him, lacking behind as the others raced ahead.

She ran to him with worried eyes and held his hand tightly, "Lets go!" she pulled at his hand as he stood with his head low with despair.

When he uttered no response, static, she shook him by his arm.