29 | NO CHOICE

Author's POV

The four set off to look for Yeonjun's body, calculating the time; 1:40 a.m to be exact, they didn't know where to start looking, having no choice but to rely on Eunha's vision even though it was risky to make abrupt resolutions with the minimum time span they had.

Looking for hours and hours, they didn't find a clue. They sneaked into abandoned houses surrounded by barbed wires but witnessed traumatic shit like slaughter houses and mortuaries.

The pack was getting exhausted because of the dark and due to the fact that nothing was quite visible in that amount of lighting.

"Guys I can't see shit," Soobin gestured while panting with his hands rested on his hips, his nose scrunching due to the overtiredness.

"We've gotta keep looking," Eunha expressed trying to regain the morale Yeonjun lost a long time ago because if she loses hope then no one is going to initiate this mission since Yeonjun himself was already discomfited.

"What was the location again?" Seohyun gawked after a short pause.

Eunha arranged her thoughts feebly, squinting her eyes with lethargy before responding, "It was a tree house with a Y99 written on it in red-"

"Wait. There was an abolishment of tree houses in the city because it was against the American laws," Seohyun added in horror as everyone stared in disdain.

"Don't..." Eunha spaced out, almost skipping a beat.

"Nah I'm just kidding haha," Seohyun revived the sanity present in the others with her joke as she banged Soobin's arm with joy who got flustered all of the sudden due to the reaction.

She was such a lively person that even Soobin was intrigued and sympathized when he recalled what she told him about her questionable past.

Flashback

When Seohyun talked about the fact that she died an unjust death, Soobin felt a heart aching longing for the girl.

"I was married to a very big family and happily I agreed to it, since the guy was so nice to me. His name was Kris and he was super handsome,"

"I won't say that I fell in love with him but I tried to... until he started becoming rude and abusive to me," she continued in the midst of her thought process as Soobin kept listening eagerly moving his gob closer to the girl.

"One night he came back home, fully drunk with his fists tightened, he asked me if I made food. I told him that I waited for him but he didn't come so I put it back in the fridge and that I'd microwave it for him," she strengthened herself emotionally to claim this incident, Soobin could sense her uncomfortable state.

"I was very intimidated by him so I quickly put the food in the microwave as it started ticking, my nerves getting tight with the nervousness," sweat beads started forming on Seohyun's forehead as she gulped the lump building up in her throat.

Soobin's eyebrows furrowed as he grit his teeth, staying as patient as possible. He bucked her up to continue speaking when she struggled with the latter.

"I didn't notice when but he snaked his arms across my waist, and I could smell his whiskey prone breath. He started touching me places I never allowed anyone and when I fought in defense-,"

"He strangled me to death..." she dropped her statement strongly and confidently, nodding to herself while sucking in her tears.

Soobin's face was struck with rage and he didn't know how he'd contain his emotions but more importantly how Seohyun contained hers.

Seohyun's eyes filled with potential tears which threatened to stay back as she sniffed but Soobin eventually rested a hand on the small of her back, consoling her calmly which boosted her confidence and helped her to verbalize her callous memories.

"And then he tied a rope with the fan above and hung me from it, showing that it was suicide"

"The fuck!" Soobin was angered to the extent that his temper was overflowing, burning every inch of his insides until it was ash.

Seohyun definitely died an unjust death, her husband fabricating every part of it truly set an example for others to stay safe and get self defense training. Seo couldn't acquire justice for herself and that was the saddest part for this entire cruel world, but we can, I can and I will, with this story.

Soobin's span of knowledge couldn't register or rather process how a dainty girl like her could be so brutally murdered and now that he knew, he felt too unconditionally sympathetic towards her, sympathy that would turn into mere inclination with promises of eternity in the distant future.

Flashback ends