13 | RAIN

Author's POV

The car that had both Yeonjun and Eunha was making its way through the road that was surrounded by beautiful sceneries composing of green trees whose leaves were getting swayed by the cool breeze.

Birds flying in groups making different shapes on the sky to a place where they can shelter themselves from the rain that was about to commence, mountains that seemed to be moving along with them and clouds blanketing the sky that were ready to burst in order to pour the water trapped inside them onto the land beneath them.

However, the atmosphere inside the car was completely different as compared to the outside, both the individuals refused to break through this wall of silence causing the environment inside to get highly gawky which was getting displeasing for both of them.

"Is there a song you would like to listen to?" Yeonjun clearing his throat and eyes glued on the road, attempted to be the one to initiate first in order to make everything less uncomfortable than it had already gotten all of the sudden.

"Ahmm me after you by Paul Kim" Eunha replied while playing with her right sleeve.

"Oh what a coincidence I like that song as well" Yeonjun responded back in a bright voice easing down the atmosphere surrounding them.

"I just really love how he pours all of his emotions into his lyrics" Yeonjun added further.

"I know right...his voice has this viability of touching your soul" Eunha said while getting involved in the conversation without carrying any hesitation in her tone.

"I agree" Yeonjun agreeing to her, connected the aux and played the song that both of them had a mutual liking for.

The song started playing and soon the soft and soothing melody and voice of Paul Kim filled the air, both Yeonjun and Eunha enjoyed each and every lyric.

Enjoying the melody, Eunha pulled the window down and let herself get enveloped into the beauty of the nature, she loved the very fact that how everything seemed to be complementing with each other so well, how everything was happening in right order,

The air that was hitting her face just carried something with itself that made her wish to freely fly along with those birds in the sky.

"Along with this song you seem to really love this weather as well, don't you?" Yeonjun asked after looking at Eunha, how her face lit up just when the breeze caressed her features.

"Hmm I love it" Eunha replied with her eyes still closed and her black locks getting fondled by the wind just when the car abruptly halted in the mid of the road.

"What happened?" Eunha turned towards the boy and asked him with confusion.

"I think something went wrong with the engine, let me check" Yeonjun replied as he kept twisting the key which caused the engine to start again but shut down after short intervals of time.

He repeated the same thing in order to start the vehicle but it seemed like the engine inside the car was failing to pick the power.

"I'm so sorry for this" Yeonjun unlocked the door of the car and before stepping outside he looked back at Eunha and apologized for the technical default they were facing right now.

"No, it's okay. It's totally fine" Eunha replied with a reassuring smile.

"It'll only take ten minutes since one of the wires broke" Yeonjun said while opening the bonnet, going through what had caused the problem, and informed her how long they had to wait.

"Okay" Eunha responded while peeking out of the opened window.

The nature once again made its attempt to avert Eunha's attention to itself by sprinkling a few drops of water onto the land; she registered the small spherical droplets that had fallen on the windshield of the car and how they were so effortlessly rolling down the smooth lucid surface of the glass.