25 | QUIZZED

Author's POV

"Okay so about the scene recreation thing... Is it still on?" Taehyun quizzed as the four boys sat together in the loud café having lunch.

"Ofcourse it is! And I think we could throw a party ourselves to, you know, make it seem as similar as possible to what happened 4 years ago," Kai beamed with an electric effect, seeming as impactful as possible.

They all gave their views but Soobin sat there quietly while poking his chopsticks in the untouched ramen box.

"Do you have anything to say?" Beomgyu asked with worry, gesturing Soobin.

Beomgyu could sense the absentness of Soobin from the entire conversation, leading him to this belief that Soobin was upset because something bad happened yesterday.

Flashback

"Hey how did it go-," Beomgyu asked Soobin as he came back with a droopy expression, much similar to an extinguished candle.

Soobin ignored him thoroughly and walked past him, inviting trouble to Beomgyu's face.

He shuffled back to him and intended to ask the matter and how the whole conversation rather 'the confession' went, but Soobin was too broken beyond repair to offer any explanations.

"It's all your fault! If it weren't for you, I'd have a more decent conversation with her but now- Everything's gonna be awkward between us!" he blasted out his anger at the younger boy without thinking about the odious character his words might display.

"I'm sorry I was trying to help-" Beomgyu tried to calm him down but he was too mad at him regarding why he set them up.

"It had to happen some day if not today. You couldn't suppress your feelings for forever you know," Beomgyu reasoned out clearly.

"I never knew you could stoop this low," Soobin replied with cringe written across his face as his featured scrunched up.

"What." Beomgyu laughed this time at how Soobin was over reacting due to the panicking.

He sighed and then hugged the tall one so that his head could rest on his shoulder.

"It's okay bro... We'll get through this together. I know we will" Beomgyu caressed his hair gently and made sure that Soobin was doing alright.

Flashback ends

"Your noodles just got soggy," Taehyun remarked at the tallest of the crew who was dozing off throughout the whole conversation.

"hmm?" Soobin snapped out of his thoughts. "Ahh... I like them soggy haha," he covered up the murkiness in his response.

"Moving on..." Kai rolled his eyes. "Who's gonna play Yeonjun in this drama?" he questioned while resting his elbows on the table top.

"Soobin!" Taehyun and Beomgyu remarked in monotone while fervently raising their hands and their voices equally.

"Woah yes that's great since Soobin is the closest to Eunha so he could do this, yes!" Kai jumped in his seat, excited as hell since things were mending together now.

Soobin sat there with jittery expressions and kept smiling throughout the scene to swathe his nervousness of course however on the inside he felt enriched with abasement.

~

Kai threw a party at his place and expected Soobin to ask Eunha out, just as a guest really. They took the required characters on board and let the drama begin.