16 | NIGHTMARE

I beg of you to play SONG CRY- Yeonjun

Author's POV

'It was a mistake loving you so much, Yeonjun...'

"Fuck!No no" Yeonjun gasped as he held limp Eunha in his numb arms.

What Eunha said took a big toll on him and he was not ready to watch this horror movie playing right in front of his eyes.

It was more of an awful nightmare.

His eyes filled with a defeated melancholy, the one which made him feel helpless though his heart refused to lose hope.

He quickly picked Eunha up bridal style, supporting her head as it hung loose as if she was dead.

"Hang in there," Yeonjun was panting heavily this time as he raced to the middle of the road in search of a taxi or a cab, anything would do at this point.

"Help! Anyone?!" he yelped gritting his teeth with anger and frustration coupled with agony.

Just when he started panicking, he kept Eunha down and checked her pulse. It was slowing down and then he checked if she was breathing by placing a finger below her nose.

There was no air exhaling out... He got abstrusely petrified and decided on doing a CPR. With a little hesitance he opened two of Eunha's buttons since he had to save her life, his bashful attitude could be a risk to her survival. He started pumping her chest counting 1,2,3,4,5,6 and to 20.

No pulse.

He did another round but failed again, he was losing her...

Then he lifted her chin and with a long deep breath he started giving her a mouth to mouth checking if her chest size was increasing with the filling of the lungs consequently.

He was almost out of breath but then he continued giving her CPR and as much as his arms hurt, he didn't let it over power him since he'd die of guilt if Eunha wouldn't survive.

Lub, dub...

The beats started returning and so did Yeonjun's hope. He ridiculously smiled at that but was still worried sick that she was stuck between the barrier of death and life.

Soon his eyes were shone brightly due to a car that approached their way while he held the girl in his arms and tapered his vision.

~

California City hospital

"Emergency! Make way make way!" The nurses and doctors strolled the stretcher that bore the wounded corpse along the hospital corridors heftily.

Yeonjun kept following the lead and looked as if he had a missing organ to explain his pain.

Most importantly, the regret was killing him and if something bad happened to Eunha, he would never be able to forgive himself, he loved her.

Yeonjun eventually stopped when the doctors asked him to, claiming that they had to pursue an operation. He pursed his lips and tried hard not to let his tears out but that didn't go as planned.

His heart ached like Angina, a disease where the chest hurts abnormally. Sighing, he began walking back and forth until Eunha's mother arrived striding through a distance.

"Where is she?!" Eunha's mother hollered at Yeonjun when he tried communicating with her.

She held Yeonjun by the collar and gave him a death glare as if she was blaming him for Eunha's accident. Yeonjun didn't displace an inch and just stood there like a mannequin, allowing the lady to rant as much as she wanted as he listened in despair, expressionless.

"She's in the OT miss Kim-" He weakly spoke, his gaze lowered.

"It's all your fault my daughter is like this. You should've taken care of her. I trusted you with all I had!" She shouted at him in anger, her tears streaming down her cheeks, staining them brightly as she cried.

While she was screaming, a swarm of people barged in to calm her down but when everyone failed, a nurse quickly arrived to the rescue and injected a tranquilizer in her skin eventually making her fall asleep.

"I'm sorry..." Yeonjun muttered helplessly as he furrowed his eyebrows.

~

After hours and hours of waiting outside the OT, Yeonjun had spaced out. While he patiently sat there in the waiting area, his lower lash line got red with sleep deprival since he'd been in the same position for a long time, the OT lights turned off.

He immediately stood up from his seat and knew the doctors would come out any second.

"How is she?" Yeonjun bombarded the doctor with a direct question.

The doctor looked concerned and serious at the same time. His body language was feeding toxins to Yeonjun's worrisome state hence he was freaking out.

"Eunha is out of danger..."

"Oh thank God-" Yeonjun gave a sigh of relief and thanked the lord for saving her life. His smile was unfathomable and he hugged the doctor without giving it a second thought.

"But a part of her brain is damaged. She didn't bleed as much visibly from her head but there was some internal bleeding which lead to trauma." the doctor dropped his statement near Yeonjun's ear for him to embrace as he retorted back, confounded.

Yeonjun paused for a moment and then his smile reverted into a frown. He fiddled with his thoughts while contemplating whether Eunha would be okay or not.

"But that's curable isn't it?" Yeonjun added to attain the slightest beacon of hope from the doctor but acquired nothing but an apology and a useless explanation.

"It's rare to expect her to wake up any time soon-" The doc ruthlessly told him.

Yeonjun's expressions faded down as his eye lids dropped, mentally cursing, he despised himself at that time so much until the doctor added to his wretchedness.

"In short, she's in a coma. We're sorry sir-"

Yeonjun felt like his world had fallen apart when he heard that news. Within a second, his life had taken an unexpected turn that was threatening to himself and now he had no whereabouts of when she's going to get conscious. His heart rate sped up abnormally as sweat beads started forming on his forehead, streaming down his fuming cheeks, he felt like he would pass out any moment as he clutched his lips between his teeth and exhaled.

Eunha's state was as close to a corpse since she was in a coma, it was nothing diverse.

'Eunha I can't lose you as yet,'

A/N: It was a little tough writing this one out tbh. Vote and comment if you liked a specific part or smth .

Cheers!