20 | TOUGH

Yeonjun's POV

It was really late around 11 p.m.

The sky had hooded the whole city with it's anchored presence, enveloping it into a pitch black mass of wanness.

My perspiration ran across my forehead as I swiped it aside and dropped at my knees when I reached an obscure place with dark gullies. Exhaling heavily I looked at the dark blue sky that harbored numerous stars that were accompanying a full moon, harnessing its luminosity, the only source of light at that moment.

Lowering my gaze I groggily started proceeding with the exhausted determination that was left within me. Life was tough, first my parents were so madly in love with each other that they left me at an orphanage.

My foster parents, well they were better than I expected.

But now Eunha, my dream girl had her existence on the line just because of a damned person like me.

I kicked off the stones intercepting the concrete paths and tightened my lips walking ahead until I heard some screeching noises from inside the wall collateral with me. It was as if a chair was being dragged and knocked against the wall.

Looking above I saw a window and planned on jumping into the place but it was too high to manage.

I hunted for something so that I could climb onto the wall but then realized that these ninja skills aren't there for nothing.

I climbed onto the protruding parts of the bricks carefully trying not to make a lot of noise. Then I swiped the window open and jumped into the room with subtle steps.

I could hear someone approach the empty room so I hid behind the door. When I saw a shadow, I adjusted my posture while bending my knees and making fists. When the anonymous person came inside, I threw a chop at the back of his neck leaving him unconscious; I was surprised by myself too.

Running out of the room and into the pungent smelling corridor, I panted and then forced myself downstairs to the source of the prior noise. The door was locked so I crashed it open to see a swarm of girls weeping as they knelt down. All those anguished weak faces and it broke my heart when I saw the most familiar one.

"Oh my god..." I gasped as I rushed towards the girl and held her blood stained hands enclosed within a pair of rusty chains.

"Y-Yeonjun," she gulped while stuttering as her tear stained cheeks turned red with hypoglycemia.

I nodded a couple of times while my eyes bulged out and brows furrowed, paying attention to what the young one had to say.

"Ahan," I added patiently working out for an answer.

"I-I was kidnapped. T-They aren't good people, they're gonna sell us and-," she said painfully until her tears fell again and her sinister emotions started revealing.

That's when I pulled her into a hug to wash away her miseries as well as mine. My infatuation towards her was threatening me to resist crying but I had to be strong for her. That's what people do in a relationship, though that wasn't the right time to think like that. It made sense.

I held her so tightly against my chest this time attempting never to let go, I didn't want to lose her again since she was this close to me. I'd be a loser if I didn't succeed in bringing her back to the real world now.

The pain was killing me but it was tranquilized by the mere thought that Eunha was with me in my arms, safe and sound.

"I'm sorry," I gruffly spoke my insides regretting over the fact for not apologizing to her before.

"Sorry for leaving you behind at Kai's house on our date. That way you'd never figure out a mere misunderstanding," I stroked her hair gently ignoring the fact that a bunch of other girls were crowding the incident, mourning because of their own causes.

"I know. Some witnesses at the scene_ told me that you were protecting me that day but then these people. They took me away-" she said after splitting for a second, her eyes watery and hair comprising of loose dread locks when she dug her face in her fragile hands mournfully.

"Say no more-" I comforted her knowing that my peace had been partially achieved since my image was clear in front of her. I clasped her hand and pulled her out of the scene. I looked behind at all the girls in a mess, pleading for mercy to let them out.

I tried opening a basement door which led me to a dark space. When I switched the lights on, there were blood stains throughout the rough pavement sending shivers down my spine. I quickly glanced everywhere and found an exit door where I guided the girls to.

Eunha was coming in the last who waited for me.

"They're coming," she yelped while the others exited the centre.

I cupped her jaws and made her focus on me. "Remember, imagine the city hospital when you go out of this prohibited place, that's where you are right now, okay?" I quickly briefed her, not sure if I'd ever make it.

My concern lied within Eunha and her only, I couldn't risk a second at that time so I dreadfully wanted her to win this even if I don't.

"Now go!" I hollered.

"But I won't go without you-" her voice cracked at the thought of leaving me behind desolately, her expressions made my heart cry but I had no choice.

"Go!" I was frustrated this time until she looked at me for a second and then disappeared.

I had to rush her away because it was 11:45 p.m.

Couldn't lose her this time.

"Come on you bloody bastards," I challenged the cult rising in front of me as I registered their thudding footsteps emerging from the entrance.

A/N: Okay guys I wanna clear this query that 'why didn't Eunha think about the hospital in the first place?' Well that's because this is the first time she's visiting the Astral world and she doesn't know shit about how it works here whereas Yeonjun does. Thankyou :)) Shine the star below if you're new to TXT <3

-SAM