22 | MENACE

Author's POV

Many days had trickled by with the boys figuring out a way to make Eunha remember her old past, to save a lost soul that has been wandering with the dead since perhaps 4 damn years.

If she won't remember it, she would never inhabit the feelings associated with it and wouldn't be able to help them find Yeonjun. It truly was a menace.

"How do we make her recall the scene? Do you think she'd believe us if we told her directly?" Beomgyu rhetorically added with a spoonful of irony.

"Ofcourse not," Taehyun replied.

"Then good luck to that Yeonjun-ssi because he's gotta stay there a little longer," Beomgyu said, frustrated due to the lack of reasonable responses from the other side.

Also he knew that if Yeonjun comes back then Eunha won't spare a penny for Soobin, something that made his heart sink. That his friend would have to move on but nobody knows how the tables turn ahead.

His gaze would shift towards Soobin who would be as giddy as he looked, for the others ofcourse but Beomgyu knew what his inner feelings were. Soobin was just helping them out because of sheer humanity otherwise his insight was not as much as Beomgyu's that he'd figure out the fact that Yeonjun was a hurdle between him and Eunha.

Kai was thinking deeply until his head rose and his eyes clicked Soobin's, confirming the fact that they came up with an idea.

"Guys," they said in monotony as Beomgyu and Taehyun stared at them shook. "Lets repeat the scene" their eyes glistened with glory that this was it.

The answer to their one and only problem.

The only task left was to execute the plan and that was a piece of cake for the pack.

~

The class was filled with enthusiasm and energy until Sir Sangyeon entered and muted the crowd down. Everyone gathered their attention towards him and listened briskly.

"So fellas, theres an internship coming up so I would like if all of you participated. It would be nice," he straightened his lips into a harsh line attempting to smile wistfully.

Eunha nodded along with the others as her hands were rested on the desk. Her attitude towards class announcements was always splendid and she'd never hesitate on any excursions or trips.

"So who would like to pair up with this young guy," Sir Sangyeon gestured the male sitting adjacent to his view.

Nobody responded until Sir started tapping his right foot on the floor to earn an answer.

"Ok then I'll make the pairs," he smirked as everyone stared in horror.

"Minho with Eunha, Soobin with Beomgyu, Hyunjin with Minji, Taehyun with Felix and the rest...well you can pair up with the person sitting next to you." He remarked as the class got filled with chatters.

Sir examined the heated room and then banged a duster on the table thrice, causing the class to quiet down.

Soobin's expression deflated, upset that he had this chance of spending some time with Eunha but his guts didn't react at the right time.

"Any queries?" he raised an eyebrow whilst pulling his glasses down and everyone shook their heads imitating an obvious 'no'.

"You all have to go in pairs, visit the Seoul orphanage and teach the young," he briefed as everyone listened.

Then the class proceeded till another 30 minutes when the bell rung marking the end of the period and the beginning of the excursion.

The buses arrived and loaded the students one after the other. Many were pushing eachother attempting to make way and Eunha grimaced at the smiling Minho behind her.

"Sorry," he said while glinting his smile, adjusting his back pack strap on his left shoulder.

"It's cool," she replied while slumping into the double seater that was vacant.

When she sat there and settled her hair, she looked up to meet Minho's earnest eyes resting on her.

"Is that seat taken?" he pointed daintily at her right.

Just before she was about to utter a sentence, her mouth gapped, Soobin rushed in and sinked into the seat next to Eunha leaving her dazed.

"Thanks for saving me a seat Eunha," he smirked and then winked as he voluntarily stole Minho's seat and hissed at him too.

Minho stood ashaken as his welcoming smile relaxed and he moved ahead in search for another seat.

"What are you doing?" Eunha grinned while gazing out of the window.

"Just trying to spend some time with my best friend,"

"Aww but today I'm Minho's partner, you can tag along if you like." She chirped while staring at Soobin's long legs that refused to adjust along the back seat of the bus.

"Yeah that'll do," he shook his head while quivering and joining his brows, satisfied.

A short moment of silence prevailed as Eunha still gazed out of the window. Soobin blinked a couple of times and tightened his lips which automatically formed dimples on his cheeks.

"Ahm. So are you excited about this thing...teaching the kids and all?" he questioned while captivating her attention.

After thinking for the right choice of words, she looked down and smiled. "Well I've wanted to become a paediatrician, so dealing with kids has always been exciting," her aura was shining with ambition and dreams; even though she was good at mathematics, her interest lied within paediatrics.

"Hmm, then we won't have to take our kids to the doctor," he whispered under his breath, cackling fanatically.