Chapter 28: Changing the rules

The day passed and it was the rankings.
Things started getting scarier when there were fewer of us left. One of us might get eliminated one day. We were preparing mentally for what may happen. One of my songs could get eliminated. That will leave me with two. Another chance at being eliminated.

They took us more early today get us ready. Since there are fewer of us they just wanted to get it over with.

Soline was getting my hair ready and she talked about this weird thing that happened to her. "He touched me and made this weird jokes about humans and how we were created"

"Who did?" I asked.
"Grant! He's weirder behind the scenes" she said.

Are all them weird, What is happening here?
"I'm disgusted really, ugh" she rolled her eyes and kept straightening my hair.

"Enough about that, what is it with you and Damien. You had insane chemistry yesterday.
"I did not!" I said and she shook her head, "yes you did. It looked real
it was so romantic"
I felt my cheeks getting red and she laughed. "It did not feel like that," I said softly as I thought about the performance.

It kinda felt weird, everything was silent and I only saw him, and his voice was loud and clear in my ear.
I never thought we shared some kind of chemistry on the stage. Maybe that's one of the reasons the fans loved it so much.

She finished getting me ready and I got dressed.
Jacks waited for me outside the room.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"I wanted to talk to you," he said and he grabbed my hand and led me to the outside of the stadium.

"Why are w....." he quickly grabbed my shirt and pulled me close to him. He placed his lips on mine. My eyes were open wide, I was so surprised.
I closed my eyes and I continued kissing him.

He pulled away and he said, "god, I wanted to do that for a long time" he swayed closer to me and gave me a short kiss. I pulled him closer before he pulled away and I kissed him again.
He gasped and then kissed me normally.

We both pulled away breathless and he stared at the ground and so did I. "Wow," I said and he said the same.

"I love you Adryan," he said.

Why, Also him? I'm not ready to choose, not yet. He waited for an answer. I waited long to answer and he kinda got disappointed.
"What aren't you saying anything?"
He asked worriedly.

"Damien told me that he loves me, as well" I facepalmed and I heard a light scoff. "And what did you say?" He asked he sounded a little angry.
"I didn't. I have to choose but not yet, I'm not ready" he frowned and nodded.

"It's ok. If you don't choose me I will still fight, I will give my all for you to be mine. I love you and I hope you chose me" he said and I just stared at him. He looked so serious and honest.

We entered the Stadium and we reunited with our friends. The show started and it ended quickly.
They eliminated Claire, Mitchell and one of my songs.
OCEAN landed on the number six spot with their song.

It was sad to see them go. They were good people and hell, they were talented. Louise, Veronica, Damien, Clarissa, Jacks and me, were the only ones left.

It was going to be hard to see one of us leave. Before the show ended, Aristole came to the stage with a mic in his hand.

"Before you guys go and the show ends, I have another announcement"
I rolled my eyes. Another one? When is he going to stop?

"Next week, there won't be a singing show on Wednesday. It will be rankings on the two days to prepare for the finals. One of you will get eliminated per day. Because three are going to the finals. Ohh, and another thing, the rankings will be discarded and you will get eliminated depending on the votes"

We all looked at each other shocked and Aristole laughed, "see you next Wednesday!" He ran off the stage and the show ended.

We're doomed. The singing shows are canceled, making us get eliminated faster. And the rankings are gone leaving the fans to vote for our future.
The opportunity I had to stay in the competition is gone. Probably Jacks will win since he is the fan-favorite.

We met up in Jacks's room once again and we ranted about what just happened.
"Just when I thought I couldn't get any worse!" Louise yelled and Veronica told her to calm down.
"No, I'm not going to calm down!
He's only doing that to get rid of us, dammit!" She crossed her arms and sat.

"This is going to end sooner than I thought," Jacks said to himself.
And Clarissa scoffed, "something seems sketchy about him speeding up the process"

"Don't start with that again, Clarissa" Damien said and she ignored him.

"I'm going to sneak in tonight. We've been silent for so long. I need to find out what's actually going on here. It keeps me up at night" she said.
"You can't. You know what happened to me!" I said.

"I don't care. I want to know what happens after you get eliminated, and what happened to Charlotte? That was weird. I'm going to find out and you're not going to stop me!" She stormed out of the room and Jacks went after her.

We followed him and met him in the lobby. He was there alone.
"What happened?" Asked Veronica.

"She left," he said softly.
I immediately thought of the possibilities of Clarissa getting caught.