Chapter 27: Duet day

It was Wednesday, and it was the day to perform our duets. The only time I rehearsed with Damien was that time when he told me that he loved me.

I don't remember some of the harmonies. We only rehearsed once. We're not that prepared.

They gave me a suit similar to Damien's and we looked so good.

Jacks and Mitchell wore matching outfits that pretty sure will make the fans go nuts. Seeing Jacks sleeveless is one of my weaknesses.

Clarissa wore a crazy, colorful outfit and Claire wore a casual outfit, more her style.

Louise and Veronica wore these aesthetic dresses that had this ripped jean design and long thigh boots.

We were in catering talking when Aristole showed up. "Hey guys, I just wanted to wish you luck. I hope you do amazing on these duets. I can't wait to see what Damien and Adryan have in store" he smiled and left.
Jacks looked so uncomfortable when he said my name and Damien's. I walked to Jacks.

"So, what am I supposed to expect in your performance?" I asked and he gave me a sneaky grin, "you'll see. Get ready. I'm warning you" he pointed and I chuckled. We stared at each other awkwardly. "Umm, I should go. I'm going to warm up my vocals" I said.

He looked like he was about to say something but he stopped himself. I walked away and I talked to Louise and Veronica.

"Girls, I need help," I said
"What's wrong, Adryan?" Veronica asked concerned.

We separated a little from the group. "Damien said he loves me and I think Jacks does to"

"It keeps getting intense," Louise said to Veronica and she agreed.

"I have to choose. I don't want them waiting for an answer. But if I choose, I will break, Damien or Jacks's heart" I looked at the ground. Louise placed her hands on my shoulder and I looked at her, "take all the time that you need. But they need to know. Don't keep them waiting for forever "
I nodded. She and Veronica hugged me.

The show was about to start and we waited in line for the host to call us.

She presented us and she started talking about more stuff, "today it's duet day. You will see three duets and the debut of the new duo of Contestants, Louise and Veronica named, Ocean" the crowd cheered and she jumped around.

"Ok let's see who sings the first duet" she pointed at the screen and it landed on Clarissa and Claire.

They sang a remix of Claire's song "Afterlife" it's weird how Clarissa just changed the entire song and still made it soothing.

Jacks and Mitchell sang his song "Comfortable" and they were so good. They sang beautifully and the fans ended giving them a standing ovation.
They deserved it.

The debut of "OCEAN" Louise's and Veronica's new name as a duo. Stole the show, to be honest. They sang a soft acoustic song with amazing harmonies and vocals. They were my personal favorite, Insane! I'm just saying.

Damien and I were last and I was so nervous. I never sang a duet in public.
This is a first. We went backstage to prepare and Damien walked closer to me.

"It's ok, just look at me while you sing and don't let the crowd distract you. I know you're nervous" he grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes. His light blue eyes were always so pretty to look at.

We went to the stage and we prepared. He had his electric guitar on and he started strumming it.

He sang first and I looked at him. He nodded at me making sure that it was my turn to sing. I started singing and the whole place was silent. My voice echoed and his.

I didn't even notice the crowd or the judges and the contestants looking at me. It felt like we were the only two people in the room.

I harmonized with him in the chorus we ended up finishing the song. The crowd stared at us silently and then exploded into cheers. I've never heard the crowd cheer this loudly. All of them stood up and never stopped cheering.

They really loved it. It felt good. We were good.

The show ended and we all congratulated each other. They mostly talked about my performance. But I loved Louise and Veronica's song a lot.

Jacks couldn't stop talking about how good I was. He didn't say anything to Damien. Which made him a little uncomfortable.
I mostly couldn't stop talking about Louise and Veronica. That song was radio worthy. I can't stop talking about it, I know.