Chapter 12: Rankings

"I know. It was so awkward, I just left them both sitting there" I explained everything to Louise and Veronica. I needed to get this out of my chest and I decided to tell Them. They understand me really well, and they give me very good advice.

"It's obvious that they're both trying to spend time with you. By the way you explained it, they don't like each other" Louise said and Veronica pointed at her and nodded.

"She's right, spend more time with them and figure out if they say things about the other" Veronica added.

"Damien didn't like Jacks ever since he saw his audition" I said. "And Jacks was annoyed with him yesterday"

"Oh, they definitely don't like each other" Veronica laughed and so did Louise.

Charlotte appeared out of nowhere and said,
"Excuse me, sorry to interrupt. But after the elimination ceremony, Hector and I are hosting a party here at the lounge" Charlotte said.
"Toodles," she strutted away to talk to other people on the table next to us.

"Didn't we have a party yesterday?" I asked and Louise gave me a confused look and said, "I know, it's only been one day"

Veronica looked sad, she stared at the floor.
"What's wrong?" Louise asks putting her hand on her shoulder.

"What if I don't make it?" She asked.

"You are going to. Your song was really good," Louise said giving her a warm smile but Veronica didn't look at her.

"I know, but what if they didn't like it and they don't vote for me"

"I had the exact type of negativity when I auditioned but I got over it because I thought of the dreams I wanted to accomplish, do you want to accomplish yours?" I asked and she nodded. "We'll do that and don't let that scare you. I mean there are people that were worse, did you see hector?"

She laughed, "thank you, I needed it," she said and we all laughed talking about hector and how bad he was. Honestly, I don't know how he entered the contest. Maybe one of them liked it,
and I know it's Carla.

We had to go to the stadium at the same time as yesterday to get ready for the elimination ceremony. We had to dress all formal and elegant. I hope they don't pick one of those exaggerated tuxes, in my opinion, I don't like them.

They did the same painful process as yesterday. And they chose a simple red suit. I really liked it, Simple yet pretty.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I was impressed. "Thank you, guys. I look really good" I said and I left.

I came out of the room and only Clarissa was there, "hey, Clarissa" I waved at her and she did a peace sign.

I went backstage and I ate some snacks from catering. I just kept it simple. I ate some fruit snacks and some water.

"Hey, roomie," said Damien as he stood next to me and started looking at the snacks.

"I don't feel like eating anything. I'm so nervous out there I'll probably puke" he chuckled.

"So why are you here?" I asked him as I ate a handful of juicy fruits.
"Just want to see you," he said and I almost spat my water.

"Really?" I said.
"Yeah, you looked alone stuffing those fruit snacks to calm your nerves"

"I don't want my song to get eliminated. After what I saw yesterday, there is some serious competition"
I said.

"Yeah, I hope my song doesn't get eliminated, then I'll have one"

"I know Jacks or Clarissa will be at the top of the rankings," I said and Damien reacted with a soft "ugh"

"What is it with you and Jacks?" I asked and I wished I didn't.