Chapter 11: Little Lonely

No, no, no, Why me?
I can't do it, I will literally die.

The lights turned off and I got up.
I walked backstage and as soon as I got there, I was attacked by the backstage crew. The placed my battery, gave me an earpiece, and a face mic.

"Good luck," one of them said giving me two thumbs up.

One of them pushed me to the stage and I stood there in the center, frozen like a statue.

The lights were still off and I breathed in and out to calm down.

The lights suddenly turned on and I saw everyone's eyes on me.

They were silently waiting for me to sing. I literally felt like I was going to throw up my heart.

The beat started and I prepared to sing.

I started dancing softly to the choreo and I started singing. I made unique poses and dances while I was singing.

I still felt a little nervous and my vocals weren't as good.

The audience stared at me with confused faces. And that didn't make me feel better.

I stopped looking at them and I started to gain my confidence.

I walked around the stage, spun around
softly, and I continued doing the dance I had prepared.

The fans started to like it and they all got up and started clapping to the rhythm.

I pointed at them and I started doing the high note in the bridge.
The fans cheered and when the note ended, I gave them a confident smile and walked around the stage once again.

I returned to the center and I focused on doing the main dance one more time.

I ended with a depressed pose that went with the song. The crowd went wild. They cheered and clapped.

I'm shocked, I didn't expect the fans to react to me this way. I thought they were going to boo me off stage.

Carla raised her hand and the crowd stopped cheering, "That was amazing. Oh my god, Adryan you killed it. You were off at the beginning but then you gained confidence and I saw a different person" she nodded.

"The style of the song was so weird like indie pop, am I right?" Grant asked.

"Yes, it's a mix of indie with a little pop and a nostalgic feeling that you can't figure out if you know it or not," I said and Grant looked at me surprised.

"Yes, I couldn't figure out why that sounded familiar. Anyways, very good"

"Love the nostalgic production, vocals. Talking about vocals, how do you crack your voice like that, It's insane, am I right?" Thomas asked the crowd and they cheered.

The host came back and I sat in my seat. I sighed of relief. "You were great"
Damien said and I looked at him, "I felt like I was going to collapse"

He grabbed my hand and said, "don't worry it's over now" his hand felt so warm in mine. I didn't mind, It felt good.

The screen showed Clarissa and she went backstage to prepare.

The stagehands set an electronic drum set in the center of the room.

What was Clarissa going to do? I'm intrigued.
She came out and stood in the dark stage until the lights turned on.

The song started and she started altering the sound of her drums as she played them with one hand.

Her voice sounded very cartoonish
and high.

She swayed side to side as she played the drums and sang.

When she sang the pre-chorus she pressed a button in the drum machine and ran to the front of the stage.

She jumped and spun around.
And her voice tone was so high.

She ran back to the drum set and continued playing. She is amazing. How does she not get tired of doing all that so quickly.

She finished the song with a very loud scream that pierced the ears of everyone here. Yeah, it was that loud.

She stood in front of the judges table and they looked startled.

"Oh my god, that was sour, really sour. Wow!" Carla said. "I felt like I listened to three songs at once, and I loved it!"

"You are so far my favorite. I love that punk, pop, rock, metal, a random genre that you demonstrated and I can't wait to see you do more" Grant said.

"You are incredible and I definitely see you as the future of music, congratulations," Thomas said, she thanked him and returned to her seat.

We saw the other four contestants sing and all of us went backstage after the show ended.

"Congratulations to those who performed and for those who didn't sing today, yayyyy!" She started clapping, "okay, if you're in the mood to celebrate. We prepared something special in the lounge of the hotel. So go and have fun" she let us go and we went to the hotel.

We arrived at the lounge and it was filled with silver balloons, crazy party decor, snacks, and a table with five bottles of champagne.

Everyone cheered and started to open the bottles of champagne.

Hector popped one of the bottles and it spilled on him. Everyone laughed and cheered.

"Come on, it's not funny," he said as he tried to dry his shirt with a napkin.

They opened the bottles and served everybody a glass. I grabbed mine and I leaned on a table in a corner far away from the group.

Jacks noticed me and walked to me raising his eyebrows and giving me a grin.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing. Not in the mood for social interactions. Still on the adrenaline of performing. I need to calm down " I sipped a bit of the tasty bubbly drink.

"Mind if I stay here?" He looked at me with the sweetest smile.
"Not at all" I smiled at him.

He sat next to me. He raised his glass and gave me a wink.

Is that like his signature thing? Give winks to everyone he knows. I'm not complaining, just thinking.

"Hey Adryan" a voice called out.

Damien waved with a cheeky grin.

"Hey Damien," I said.

"So what's up?" He said sitting on the other side next to me.

"Nothing, just talking to Jacks"

He looked at Jacks. Jacks gave him a smile. Damien almost ignored him and Jacks had a confused face.

"Jacks, this is Damien, my roommate," I said trying to make them talk. This was so awkward. If I could just turn to smoke and fade away.

They didn't talk, they just sat there silently. "So, Adryan you killed it today," Jacks said.

"So did you, I'm pretty sure everyone in the arena loved you" I said

Damien scoffed and Jacks noticed, "I'm sorry?" He asked.

Please don't fight, don't fight.

"Sorry, I chocked on the champagne. My bad" Damien said giving him a sarcastic grin. Jacks looked away and rolled his eyes.

"I'm feeling a little tired. I'm going to clean up and go to bed"
I said as I stood up.

"Goodnight, Adryan" Jacks said.

What a gentleman!

"Okay, see you later," Damien said.
I almost choked and I waked away red as hell.

Well, that was the most awkward and tense moment I've ever seen in my life.