Chapter 5: The shirtless boy in the studio

It's the next day and it was finally my turn to start recording the new version of my song.
I went to the three-star studio.

I entered the room and I saw a guy. He was shirtless working on something.
Why is he here? it's s my turn to record.

"Umm, Your time is up" I said and he turned around and gave me a small grin that he thought was sexy.

"Sorry, I was finishing something"
I had a clear view of his six-pack abs and he caught me staring.

"Umm, I like to be punctual"  I scratched my head and was I nervous? Of course.

I just stood there awkwardly and he grabbed his stuff as he left, he walked passed me, smirked sexily and left.

What just happened? Why am I a mess when I interact with attractive boys? And why was he shirtless? Why does he have to be shirtless in a studio? I'm so confused.

Enough thinking I really need to start working.

The equipment was insane. I was going to make magic here, just saying.

I turned on my laptop and I started hearing the old production my song had. Bass, simple drums and some synth sound effects I did with my keyboard that I left home.

I started working on the beat, keeping it similar but better than the old one.

I used the same synth sound and added echo to make it sound aesthetic and unique. My song had a 90s and 2000s vibe with a little bit of pc sound to it.

After half an hour, I finally finished the rest of the production of my song.
It was easy because I just used an old production and made it better.

I grabbed a mic and I started recording the harmonies. That's the process that took the longest. Recording the same part over and over but in different tones.

I had it all set up and I just sat there listening to the production and the harmonies and small vocals. Just to make sure it sounded good.

I was impressed it sounded so good. I loved it.

I had one hour left and I started singing the lyrics.

I sang the same parts twice because I wanted to compare which sounded better. Of course, it took me a long time but it was worth it.

I belted out my high note in the bridge and altered my voice with a little bit of autotune and some echo to make it sound great, not empty and pitchy.

After I finished singing it various times. I made my voice sound perfect.

And finally, I was finished.
Just three minutes before the other person got their turn to record.
I grabbed my laptop and went to the restaurant's 24-hour buffet because I needed a snack.

I grabbed a chicken salad and I sat alone working on some stuff on my laptop.

The song I made is called "little lonely" and it is an upbeat sexy song that is about a guy that likes someone and he wants to be him even though he doesn't know him.

I like to combine upbeat and fun production to sad lyrics. It's something different and I think people just get bored of listening to sad lyrics with sad production.

I munched on my salad and someone sat on the seat in front of me. I looked up and I saw Damien.

"Hey," he said and gave me a silly wave.

I laughed a bit and I continued eating.

"So did you work on your song yet? He asked as he bit into an apple he brought with him.

"Yes, Just finished it" I said and his light blue eyes opened wide and he stopped chewing.

"Already?" He asked.
I nodded.
"I still haven't worked on the bridge. But there's a special song I'm saving it for the second round" he added

I turned off my laptop because I wanted to hear him talk. I didn't want him to think I was ignoring him.

And I haven't thought about saving the best song for last. I have so many songs on my laptop that I don't know which one is the best one.

"All I need to do is prepare to perform. if the fans choose me" I said. That is the part that scares me the most. Performing in front of all the fans in the stadium and being televised all around the world. Yeah, I'm freaking terrified.

"I don't mind. I just want to see if the fans like me or not, if they don't, is their loss" He's pretty calm about it. The more I think about performing the more anxious I get.

We ended up talking for a very long time. Turns out we have a lot in common. And even though he's very serious, it's very fun to talk to him.

Damien went to the lounge to write his songs and I returned to my room to take a nap.

Every time I sleep, things pop in my head, mostly lyrics, and melodies.
I've heard some of the most beautiful things but when I wake and two or three hours pass, I just forget.

But this time, the thing I heard was breathtaking and special. I woke myself up and I immediately grabbed my laptop and turned it on.

I kept repeating the melody and the lyrics in my head and I wrote them down.

I think I found my special song.