Chapter 7: You are incredible

Today was the first night of the show. Damien and I were going to watch it on the tv in our room.
Some people were going to the lounge to watch it or in other people's rooms.
But we decided to see it by ourselves and react to it privately.

We sat on our beds and we had the tv on, waiting for the show to start.
"My first time on tv. I can't wait to see myself" Damien said.

"I'm going to look so ugly," I said while I placed my face in my hands.

"You're not ugly," he said.

The first time in my life two boys call me cute in the same week. What is my life?

I returned to my seating position and I asked, "really?"
He nodded.

No freaking way!!

The show finally started and the host started talking, "welcome to the first episode of Starsdom. You will witness the best day of some people's lives or the worst. You'll see forty people audition for this show and only twenty-two will enter. History is about to be made, so watch" she pointed at the camera and the intro ended.

The judges talked a while before the first person came in, They talked about how excited they were and all that stuff about the show.

The first person came in and it was a young boy. Face full of acne, and huge glasses.

"What's your name sweetheart?" Carla asked.

"I..I'm...c...Corbin"
damn was he nervous? He couldn't even speak.

He awkwardly stood there for like a minute.

"Why don't you sing for us," Grant said with a concerned/ weirded out look.

He started singing.
I don't know if it was the nerves, but his singing was bad.

I heard Damien laugh a little.
You can see the judge's faces and they were trying not to laugh.

"Look at them laughing" I laughed as I saw the judges trying to be serious.

Damien and I laughed uncontrollably.
I was laying down and I couldn't breathe.

I know it's a little harsh to laugh at what I just saw. But I needed a good laugh.

Eventually, he got three no's and the showed the other contestant which was Louise.

She had a very powerful voice. She was really good. She did this insane growl and then hit an impossible note.

"Wow," I said.
No wonder she got three stars. She's insane.

We saw many more auditions, we saw
Veronica, she was good, but not the best.

Jacks was next, oh dear.

When he entered the audition room, I felt my stomach turn to knots.
Adryan, Chill.

Carla looked smitten.
He made what he thought was a funny joke and they all started laughing.

"Wonderful, wonderful, sweetheart," She said as she placed both of her hands in her cheeks.

"That is such an act. Charming the judges so they can give you three stars" Damien said rolling his eyes.

Is he jealous, of Jacks? I didn't think guys like him got jealous of other guys.

He started singing. And yes, he was good. The judges kept staring at him like he was a god and I think that's too exaggerated.

He finished singing and gave them a wink. Carla pretended that she fainted and the others stood up and clapped.

Obviously, he got three stars and he left.

I looked at Damien and he rolled his eyes one more time.

More people auditioned and Damien came in.

He didn't answer a lot of questions and he was serious throughout the entire time the judges talked to him.

He had a nice voice. Reminded me of an alternative, indie star that everyone loved.

I looked at him and he gave me a grin.
He enjoyed watching himself.

Thomas gave him a no because he didn't feel it.

But Damien didn't mind.

We saw Clarissa. Personally, I liked the style she singed and I get why the judges liked her as well. She's got something new and crazy.

I came after three more people and I saw myself.

Wow, I looked so awkward, Like a lost puppy.

Damien laughed a little. "You're funny when you're nervous"

"Why does everyone think I'm funny or cute when I get nervous or embarrassed?" I complained.

"Who called you cute?" He asked and stopped laughing. He turned serious quickly.

Why does he care if anyone calls me cute? If I say it was Jacks he wouldn't take it well. And why is he getting jealous? I just met him a few days ago.

"Whatever, I'm about to start singing" I said quickly.

Good one, Adryan. You got yourself out of that one.

I started singing the song and I was really good. The judges looked hypnotized. They never stopped staring at me. Wow, that feels like yesterday.

I looked at Damien and he stared at the tv. His blue eyes were shining and he looked surprised.

I was so embarrassed. The silence in the room was intense. The only thing I heard was me singing.

Finally, I stopped and I saw the whole speech the judges gave to me.

My part finally ended.
"You are incredible," Damien said.
I turned to him and I saw a very different look on his face.
I couldn't describe it.

But then I thought about it.
No, I don't think so.

Does he like me?